I was online today just trying to estimate the timing on some things -- and couldn't get the Trenord website or app to transact far enough through the process to give me a price.
So I thought, "Would these tickets be sold out?" And then I thought I would check to see if it is a holiday. It is -- Labor Day -- but I think the sites were just glitched, and nothing more, because I was able to find the information I needed by going through the man in seat 61's site. There are definitely seats on the trains left.
But now I am still wondering if I should buy my (single) ticket in advance in case they might sell out over the next month? I am landing at MXP after a long flight from LAX and need to meet up with my family in Verona. I land at 8:35 am. I usually wouldn't buy tickets in advance because I wouldn't know how to estimate how long it would take to reunite with my luggage, get through customs, etc. It is my understanding that I take one train to the city called the Malpensa Express, then board another from Centrale to Verona Porta Nueva.
What are your thoughts? Appreciate your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 2 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 3 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 4 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 5 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 6 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 7 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 8 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 9 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 10 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 11 Paris November 2017
- 12 1 night in Algarve in January?
- 13 Sorrento to Montepulciano- where to rent car?
- 14 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 15 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 16 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 17 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 18 Current plan for March trip
- 19 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 20 Spain in 2018
- 21 Rentals in Madrid , Spain-Select
- 22 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 23 First time in Spain
- 24 Schengen entry/exit stamps in Austria
- 25 Barcelona to Malaga
May 1st Labor Day in Italy -- Should I buy train tix in advance?