Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Mas des Romarins, near Gordes (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/mas-des-romarins-near-gordes-566738/)

anna_roz Oct 24th, 2005 08:53 PM

Mas des Romarins, near Gordes

Hello All!

Has anyone stayed at Mas des Romarins lately and can comment about their experience?

For some very odd reason a room with a window is more expensive than a room with a private terrace (both on first floor) and I am totally puzzled.

Many thanks for your input,

Anna

AGM_Cape_Cod Oct 25th, 2005 02:14 AM

I haven't stayed there but we stopped and took a look at the rooms. I think the reason for the increase for a room with a window is because they have beautiful views across to Gordes. We have stayed at Le Mas des Carassins
in St Remy which is owned and operated by the same people.

4totravel Oct 25th, 2005 04:02 AM

Hi - we stayed there this July. It was a lovely property, great room and we had a private terrace with an incredible view across to Gordes and the valley below...just lovely!! AAHHH.

The price difference maybe because some of the rooms may not have a view - some are located around the courtyard and don't face Gordes. Perhaps when they say "window" they mean "view".
We had one bedroom, a sitting area, large very private terrace with the great view (worth the price). We had a fabulous stay there....well not entirely, our son (8) ran a VERY high fever - one that even alarmed me (and I don't alarm easily). We spoke with the manager (her name escapes me) and she called the doctor in the next town and he came over within 10 minutes. They were very kind to us during our stay. The property is great, with an ancient bories on the property and the really easy walk to the town. Pick almonds off the ground in July and eat them at the pool...very nice - I would love to go back (sans fever!)

Christina Oct 25th, 2005 10:00 AM

I can't say specifically, although the hotel probably could, but when I was researching hotels in that area, the Mas des Romarins clearly has about 3-4 different price ranges for rooms (whether with terrace or window) and it depends on the general desirability of them, and view, even when on the same floor.

So I'm sure the more expensive one has a better view, but you should just ask them.

anna_roz Oct 25th, 2005 08:29 PM

Thank you all for the input.

Here is the latest information, which remains puzzling indeed. Only two options are available, both of which rooms purportedly have a view of Gordes, both are on the first floor, one with a window and one with a terrace. The only difference,
according to a very patient reservation agent, is the decor of the room itself, whatever this may mean. The room with a terrace is Euro 10 less.

At this point I am not going to chance asking yet another question. I will forward my cc information and tell the very charming man that I am prepared to defer to his expert opinion.

Anna Roz

sebinah Mar 19th, 2006 02:08 PM

anna roz: Have you been to Mas de Romarins yet? How did you like it? We will be there in early June and would appreciate it if you could tell us anything about it.

sebinah

Traviata Mar 19th, 2006 02:14 PM

sebinah

We stayed at this hotel two years ago and really enjoyed it....the owner was lovely and made us feel right at home..we had a room right on the courtyard garden with a separate entrance...they offered a very nice breakfast also..