We are staying at a B&B outside of Marseille for 2 nights (south of the city in the hills). We have a rental car and plan to visit the city with our 2 children this July.
I have already reserved a Marseille Greeters walking tour. My husband is also intersted in seeing Fort St. Jean.
My question is where can we park? I think I had seen warnings about thefts and so a covered parking garage had been recommended (parking du Pharo?). It does seem to be a good 30 minute walk to the Vieux Port. Does anyone have suggestions for where to park to visit sites around the Port?
We learned to play petanque a few years ago in Provence and I thought it would be fun for the kids to play since "les boules" doesn't exist in our Canadian town! Any suggestions of where we could play? Parc Borely? And lastly a cafe to drink pastis and take in the harbour sights maybe?
We had planned to hit the beach (Prado recommended) another day but was concerned again about parking.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 2 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 3 land vs river cruise
- 4 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 5 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 6 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 7 Malaga Christmas lights
- 8 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 9 Trans Siberian Train
- 10 Tips for first trip to UK
- 11 Scotland ideas
- 12 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 13 London vacation rental agency
- 14 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 15 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 16 South of France
- 17 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 18 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 19 My France Vacation
- 20 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 21 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 22 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 23 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 24 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 25 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
Marseille - looking for info on parking, plages, pastis and petanque!