Marriot/Hilton near London Tower Bridge

Oct 16th, 2000, 09:59 AM
lorra

Marriot/Hilton near London Tower Bridge

does anyone know of a Marriott near the Tower Bridge in London? I have a meeting in the E14 9GE area, near the docks. I want to get my points in with Marriott, but if there is a Hilton own hotel, I'll stay there. If I must I'll take a Starwoods.
Anything Marriott will do, a courtyard will do. I'll take a Sheraton. If you have to work and sleep, the least you get is a couple of miles.

Oct 16th, 2000, 10:10 AM
elaine

lorra
YOu can check the corporate websites
for Hilton, Marriott, etc and find the locations of their hotels in London
The nearest Marriott to the Tower is not that near, it is the Marriott County Hall, on the South Bank, near Westminster Bridge

Oct 17th, 2000, 05:19 AM
Karen

Hi Lorra
The postcode you mentioned is in the Docklands area, quite far from Tower Bridge. Nearest tube station is Canary Wharf on the Jubilee line (direct link if you take the Marriott at Waterloo, which I think is the nearest). Otherwise there are probably major chain hotels in the Docklands, as it is such a growing business area. www.streetmap.co.uk is great for searching for addresses and Marriotts site is http://www.go.marriott.com/uk/

Oct 17th, 2000, 04:49 PM
a

The Marriott County Hall is off the Westminster Bridge. It is a great location...beautiful view of Big Ben, etc. Just a quick walk across the bridge to the Tube station. Highly recommend.

Oct 17th, 2000, 05:19 PM
xxx

Lorra, I just returned on October 16 from 4 nights at the County Hall Marriott (across the bridge from Big Ben, not the Tower Bridge) and 4 nights at the Marriott Champs Elysees. Both were fabulous. Our room at the County Hall Marriott was a lot bigger and more comfortable than the Champs, but both were great. The Millenium Wheel and Dali Exhibition are outside the door of the hotel. You are also within walking distance of Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, and an array of activities along the Seine. Have a great time!

Oct 18th, 2000, 03:09 AM
jo ann

Dear xxx: We are booked at the Marriott Champs Elysees next summer (was trying to use points, couldn't, but my spouse got intrigued by the location, since we didn't get to that part of Paris on our last trip. Also, we will be there over Bastille Day, he loves the idea of being where the parade etc are.)
The brochure they sent me looks grand, but I have been wondering about the cost. I would love your further comments about the rooms, if you get a moment, perhaps even e-mail me direct? Thanks!