We are planning to be married in Siena, Italy in September. Does anyone know if we need our birth certificates translated and fixed with an Apostille? Most posts I have read suggest that we do; however, our wedding planner in Italy says we do not. I found this website from the US Embassy which suggests that the birth certificates are not needed specifically in Florence consular regions: http://italy.usembassy.gov/acs/marriage/marriage-florence.html
Has anyone been married in Tuscany recently who could comment on whether or not we need birth certificates? We are both American citizens. I would like to be sure we have the right documents when we get there!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 days in europe
- 2 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 3 land vs river cruise
- 4 European honeymoon help needed
- 5 Portugal
- 6 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 7 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 8 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 9 Tips for first trip to UK
- 10 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 11 Where to stay in Naples?
- 12 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 13 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 14 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 15 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 16 Browsing Barcelona
- 17 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 18 Malaga Christmas lights
- 19 Croatia in mid/late October
- 20 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 21 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 22 Help with Venice Trip?
- 23 Dubrovnik
- 24 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 25 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna