Marrakesh/Rabat or Fez

Dec 10th, 2007, 08:00 PM
KJF
Original Poster

Marrakesh/Rabat or Fez

Arrive Dec. 20th in Casablanca by ship at 8am on a special Islamic day I am told....there are ship excursions by large bus to all three. 1) Go by bus or 2) does anyone know of a company to contact with a van and driver etc. (the bus trips to Mara and Fes are 12 hours)
Dec 10th, 2007, 08:50 PM

I don't know of a driver, but have you considered the train. Both Fez and Marrakesh are on direct routes from Casa (I believe the Fez route stops in Rabat and depending on train goes on to either Tangier or Fez).

I've only taken the Casa-Marrakesh line, but it leaves from the Voyagers station and doesn't really have any stops along the way. Can't imagine that a bus would be any faster.
Dec 10th, 2007, 09:14 PM

KJF-

I have been researching these 3 cities for a trip there in Feb. Why not try the Africa board here on Fodors? You will also find my thread Fes or Marrakech? which was helpful to me. I will be staying in Rabat and then heading to Fes. Anyway, there are a couple of excellent trip reports there on Morocco including your cities and with info on tour guides.

g.

Search this Thread