Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Marizan Villas, Chelidonia or Lena's House in Oia?

Feb 24th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Original Poster

We've narrowed it down to these accommodations in Oia. Can anyone give us input on any of these? As posted on another thread, we are 2 couples so separate rooms or cave houses would be great. All get good reviews on TA, but we're leaning toward Marizan. We'd like to book rooms soon and value any suggestions anyone can offer. Cheers.
Feb 24th, 2010, 10:41 AM

Since all 3 of these are extensively reviewed over on Tripadvisor, what else is it specifically that you want to know?
Feb 24th, 2010, 12:12 PM
Original Poster

Hi BL... I guess what I'd like to know is what are the nicer accomodations, whether they are sunset/caldera/volcano views and what is proximity to town?... also, Marizan has a new villa that I would like to know more about. Thank you.
Feb 24th, 2010, 01:30 PM

All 3 are basically of equal quality. Chelidonia and Lena's show the same level of traditional furnishings. Judging from their website Marizan seems to have provided more attention to decorating details. I prefer the all-day caldera view over a view of the sunset. Chelidonia is right below the village square so it has the closest proximity to everything. Lena's is about halfway between Chelidonia and Marizan, which is on the northern tip of Oia.

I will say that last June I spent a week or so in a private home next to Marizan, and it gets very windy on that end of Oia in the evenings around sunset as the air cools, since that part of the village is not protected against offshore winds.
Feb 26th, 2010, 08:36 AM
Original Poster

Thanks BLL... just one more place to consider... Not many reviews on TA but I believe is near Marizan. Can you tell me about Spitia Houses? I think the homes can accomodate 2 couples (2 full beds) and have their own hot tubs and have sunset/caldera views. Can you or anyone else provide info on these homes? Thank you.