Marionette Theater in Salzburg

Jun 13th, 2009, 06:59 AM
Original Poster

Marionette Theater in Salzburg

We are considering going to the Marionette Theater in Salzburg. Has anyone been to this? Is it worth it?
Also, we would be going to the Saturday evening program (which is the Sound Of Music) so would we need advance reservations?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Jun 15th, 2009, 04:34 PM

Went to the theatre in June 2007 - very enjoyable and worthwhile. We were outnumbered by the kids attending.
Our hotel booked the seats for us
Jun 15th, 2009, 05:17 PM

I have been twice and would go back. I love how one loses perspective and when the lights come on and the puppeteeers appear behind the screen they seem like MONSTERS they are so huge!

I will never forget the scene where a puppet was looking for/through some papers and throwing the ones he didn't want all over the place up in the air, pulling them out of a drawer or something.
Jun 15th, 2009, 05:27 PM

We went in 2007 also. I enjoyed it a lot! We went for an afternoon show so there was not a problem purchasing tickets at the door. Not sure how it would be for an evening performance. Why not email them and ask if it is necessary to purchase the tickets ahead of time. The Sound of Music would be fun to watch!!

Search this Thread