Notices

Maribel's Guide to Madrid?

Apr 8th, 2009, 06:03 AM
Original Poster

Maribel's Guide to Madrid?

Hi, can anyone direct me to where I can get Maribels guide to Madrid? I had the one for Barcelona and it was fantastic so am keen to see one for Madrid while planning this years Spain trip - Thanks
Apr 8th, 2009, 06:09 AM

Hi; www.maribelsguides.com Have a great trip. iris1745/dick
Apr 8th, 2009, 08:18 AM

I recommend the El Original restaurant in Madrid on Calle de las Infantas just north of the intersection of Gran Via and Calle Alcala. Book ahead or go early, like 9:00 -- it was full by 9:30. The food was very good, the decor is very imaginative, and the price was good. Got it from Maribels guide.

Also, we had a terrific lunch for about 10 euros each at the Terri Mundi on Calle Lope de Vega a block or two west of the Paseo del Prado. Very home cooking and local crowd. You might need to speak Spanish, though; I didn't ask for an English menu, so I don't know if they have one. The lunch of the day posted by the door gives about three choices at a good price and the food was excellent.
Apr 8th, 2009, 11:42 AM

Hi Fiona_Mac,
I'm really pleased that you found the Barcelona guide useful. Hope you'll find the Madrid one equally so. Have a great time!

Regards,
Maribel

Search this Thread