Maribel's Guides for Madrid & Seville

May 18th, 2005, 08:59 AM
Original Poster

Maribel's Guides for Madrid & Seville

Does anyoone know who Maribel acctually is or her credentials? I have printed out her thought on both Seville and Spain....We are going to both this Sept.
Thanks in advance, your fellow traveller,
Rosalie
May 18th, 2005, 09:22 AM

Maribel is a long time poster on this forum who gives excellent advice on travel in Spain and has graciously shared her information on Madrid and Seville with us. We used her guide for Seville last year and found it better than any travel guide. We had a wonderful visit, thanks in large part to Maribel's help.
May 18th, 2005, 06:39 PM

You'll find that a number of people on this forum put a lot of faith in Maribel's Guides. They are not your typical travel guides because she writes about her experiences, so the guides tend to be more on a personal level which a lot of people seem to relate to, including myself.
May 19th, 2005, 12:15 AM

I would say "her credentials" consist of the fact that she has had actual experience in the various places she writes about, not unlike a lot of other travel writers.

Her guides are well-liked by many so don't know how you could go wrong unless you disagree with her recommendations and that possibility exists with any travel recommendation.
Feb 6th, 2006, 05:56 PM

I would like to download her guides - how do I access them?
Feb 7th, 2006, 05:12 AM

Maribel and her guides are great:
http://www.maribelsguides.com/
Feb 7th, 2006, 05:23 AM

I don't always agree with what she recommends but I think she gives generally good advice and she actually has been to many of the places she has written about. She tries to write very objectively for the most part and that is always appreciated.

Another plus is the fact that the guides have been updated periodically.
Feb 7th, 2006, 08:48 AM

Marija - thanks for the website. She had helped me a few years ago and I just didn't remember how to access her. My best friend and her husband are planning a trip to Spain in June and I wanted to print out Maribel's Madrid and Seville info. The info is so valuable. Thanks again.
Feb 7th, 2006, 11:29 AM

What happened to Maribel? Where did she go?
Feb 7th, 2006, 06:41 PM

I also found Maribel's advice very helpful, and I almost always agreed with the recommendations we tried. She used to post here all the time, then stopped after her mother died. In addition to giving great advice, she is very gracious in the way she answered questions. Perhaps someday she will return.

Search this Thread