Reload this Page >

march weather in southern italy

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29th, 1999, 12:35 PM
bob

we would like to visit southern italy in march. how is weather from naples and south including sicily. also how is weather in Bari and any tips on places to stay.

Old Dec 29th, 1999, 03:53 PM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Hello Bob, I too will be in those woods <BR>starting 21 Mar for 2 weeks. We will be <BR>3 guys---moving fast, traveling light. <BR>Our itinerary will include Positano, <BR>Maratera, Lipari, Taormina, Lecce, <BR>Alberobello and Cape St. Maria di Lueca <BR>at the tip of the heel. We plan to take some film and drink some vino. I am <BR>planning on moderate weather--lows at <BR>about 48---highs at 62. We will only <BR>have bookings at perhaps 4 places and <BR>freelance the rest---on the coast most <BR>of the time. What do you think??

Old Dec 29th, 1999, 04:26 PM
Jeanne Mills

Bob and Bob, <BR> <BR>The weather should be moderate--as you wrote about it, Bob the Nav. You may still have rain and cool nights. You won't need reservations in most places. So glad you'll see the trulli and Lecce--wonderful places. Let me know if you need more information--Fodor's "Exploring Italy" covers the south quite well. It's so often given the bum's rush, but it's a marvelous place to visit. Both Bobs: if you're driving, prepare to get lost frequently--the signage is odd, but you'll meet great people that way! Perhaps you would want to call on our friends who live on the very edge of the heel of the boot. Drop me an e-mail if you do. <BR> <BR>Jeanne

Old Dec 29th, 1999, 05:19 PM
Mustangs81

Dear Bob's, we are contemplating similar routes (only in April), so you guys had better report back! Our trip isn't definite as I am still concerned about the crowds generated by Jubilee celebrations in 2000. I know that there has been plenty of discussion on this board about it, what are your thoughts on the volume of tourists and pilgrams?