Search

March 29 effect on Los Amarillos bus service

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
March 29 effect on Los Amarillos bus service

Hello,
Have a question about this upcoming strike on March 29 in Spain. We plan to take Los Amarillos bus from Seville to Ronda on March 29th. Will the bus service also be affected due to strike? We have a train reservation for March 30 in the morning from Ronda to Granada, so we can't be delayed coming into Ronda. We can't be in Ronda any earlier than March 29 either, as that upsets prior days schedule, which are pretty much set and paid for (Madrid, Cordoba, Seville). Any ideas? Thanks.
Old Mar 21st, 2012, 08:34 AM

This is a difficult one as no one really knows what effect the strike will have. Normally they do not affect transport too much but this time with the crisis and economic cuts the unions feel very strong and their priority is to try to stop the country functioning and the feeling is it will be effective than normal so you would need to keep in close contact with what is going on. Maybe rent a car for that day?Or leave Sevilla a day early if the hotels will let you change.I checked the website of the bus company but you have to register as a user....cant think of any other alternatives.It is only an opinion but I think the strike will go ahead and it has to be seen if it is really disruptive or not.Good luck anyway....
http://theartichokeadventures.blogspot.com.es/
Old Mar 21st, 2012, 08:50 AM

I had planned on going to Cuenca from Madrid on that day, but I changed my hotel reservations so that I would not be traveling on that day. If I hadn't been able to change it, I would have rented a car.
Old Mar 21st, 2012, 01:30 PM
Original Poster

Thanks all. I am still torn between keeping the itinerary as it is and take a chance or changing it so that I don't have to go through the hassle, on a tight schedule in a foreign land. I definitely don't want to drive, but really wanted to see Ronda
Old Mar 21st, 2012, 02:30 PM

There SHOULD be minimum services by LAW. The lists will soon be out once the syndicates and ??? approve everything. If you are in Sevilla a couple days ahead of time, look into it immediately and make your decision then.. not now from here due to what you read on this board. Nothing is definite yet.

I see five buses daily. I suspect 2-3 will travel.
Old Mar 22nd, 2012, 08:44 AM
Original Poster

Thanks lincasanova. We plan to keep our schedule as it is now and play it by ear.