Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Marble Arch tube stop to Waterloo station.

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 2006, 04:24 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wife and I will be at Marble Arch tube station and we have to get to Waterloo station before 11:15 am on July 11. to catch train to Southampton. We will also have two pieces of luggage each as well as a suiter piece.

Should we even think about taking tube at Marble Arch and then transfering to Northern Line to get to Waterloo station or just bite the bullet and get a cab to the station. How much should a cab run us vs the tube? Thanks for any and all opinions.

Old May 14th, 2006, 04:36 PM
P_M

I don't know about a cab to Waterloo, but I recently took a cab from Victoria Station to Marble Arch and that was just under 10 pounds. Then a couple of days later I took a cab from Marble Arch to Paddington Station and that cost the same, just under 10. I don't know if my experience is a good base for an estimate to Waterloo, but I'm going to say it will cost around 10 pounds. But even if it costs just a little more, I think this is a lot better than carrying luggage on the tube.
Old May 14th, 2006, 05:52 PM

Victoria to Marble Arch is under 1.5 mile as the crow flies. Marble Arch to Paddington is under a mile.

Waterloo to Marble Arch is 2 miles.
Old May 14th, 2006, 06:04 PM

Wife and you tube probably £6 (could be less if you are using oyster cards for previous days or for return)...

Cab to Waterloo would run about £12 to £15

Go for the cab (although the tube trip is very simple....central line 2 stops to Oxford Circus and switch to Bakerloo line directly to Waterloo but I can't imagine carting 2 suitcases and a suiter piece through the corridors...now if it was me travelling alone well that would be a different story.
Old May 14th, 2006, 07:43 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the input people. Still digesting your thoughts and have time to make a decision, although may vie for the cab. Idea of shlepping luggage like that, especiaslly if there are steps, does not appeal, and besides, it is only money, right.

Thanks!