Reload this Page >

maple syrup in France

Search

maple syrup in France

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17th, 2001, 01:25 PM
kathyd.

maple syrup in France

Am I allowed to bring 2 bottles of maple syrup into France?

Old Mar 17th, 2001, 01:30 PM
ger

Can't see any problem with that - we have brought same to Ireland, Italy, France (mind you we did not declare it). <BR> <BR>It is very expensive in Europe and is considered a nice gift!

Old Mar 18th, 2001, 12:38 AM
PB

Yes, you can bring maple syrup without any problem (it's one of the few things I ask people to bring me because it's so expensive here and the bottles are so tiny !) <BR> <BR>PB

Old Mar 18th, 2001, 03:25 PM
Lauren

Maple syrup makes a nice gift. <BR> <BR>My friends are also nuts for Doritos and salsa. The last time I brought them Doritos, I opened the bag and then we passed it around for a sniff (like fine wine) before digging in. <BR> <BR>Since I live in Virginia, I often bring apple butter. The French are wild about jams and jellies. If you have a local specialty, it would be a big hit. <BR> <BR>The only problem with a lot of the things I mentioned is that some of it is in jars. I hand carry the jars. Maple syrup can, of course, be bought in those metal containers or in plastic.

Old Mar 18th, 2001, 04:47 PM
Nano

Do you think our cousins in Brussels would appreciate maple syrup too? We need to bring "house gifts" for five different families, all relatives, and I'm hoping maple syrup is the answer. If not, any other great gift ideas? Thanks.

Old Mar 18th, 2001, 04:52 PM
Brenda

I brought maple syrup to friends in England recently. The hostess thanked me profusely and then led me to a cupboard, pulled out another bottle of maple syrup and said, "Is this the same?" They can get it, but it's very expensive. I've also brought brownie mixes and bags of chocolate chips to European friends because they say they are hard to come by. I never saw the need to declare any of the above.

Old Mar 19th, 2001, 02:16 PM
kathyd.

Thank you for your help everyone. With all this positive feedback about maple syrup, I may bring 3 bottles into France!