Manchester restaurant

Oct 16th, 2008, 05:59 AM
Original Poster

Manchester restaurant

I am looking for an American steak restaurant in the Manchester area (like Ruth's Chris, Morton's, Outback). I want to get an English friend a gift card so he can try an American steak dinner. Suggestions? Thanks
Oct 16th, 2008, 06:14 AM

What do you mean by America? If you mean the US, you'd probably be better off sending him a voucher for a restaurant in New York.

Britain just doesn't have the (to me incomprehensible) fetish about steak so widespread in the US. Manchester's got lots of steak-oriented, American-themed restaurants - but they're all South American themed, and most feature Brazilian or Argentine meat.

I've never seen a credible US-style steakhouse in Manchester, though greater experts than me might have spotted one. Even if there is one, it'll almost certainly be British beef - and to most American tastes, the quality of cooking would be as ghastly as many of us find Chinese cooking in the US.
Oct 16th, 2008, 07:25 AM

That is an odd request IMO. If it was an "American Themed" steak house it probably would not bear any resemblance to a Morton's or the others. Plus it definitely wouldn't use US beef.

The best UK steak houses are mostly Argentine.

(Outback = Australia-themed - not American BTW)

I think what you want to do is slightly nutty - meant in the kindest possible way of course

Search this Thread