Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Man grabbing your ass on the tram (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/man-grabbing-your-ass-on-the-tram-56675/)

alex Nov 14th, 1999 09:21 AM

Man grabbing your ass on the tram

I would REALLY like to know what is a man grabbing my (or any other woman's) ass in a crowded bus thinking of? <BR>Why does he touch my butt without being asked for??? <BR>All you who do it, explain that phenomenon to me. <BR>thanks <BR>alex

Maira Nov 14th, 1999 12:09 PM

Alex--- I doubt you'll find on this forum the in-depth insight that is required to address such enigma as impulsive ass-grabbing conduct. I suggest you try a medical forum or The Lonely Planet website. <BR> <BR>Good luck.

Cristy Nov 14th, 1999 12:18 PM

Agree with above response. Find another Forum...

lola Nov 14th, 1999 12:27 PM

I'll "butt" in and add that I too think this is a silly question. Maybe it's the "touch me here" sign. (And please don't think we don't have senses of humor, or want to help--this is just not a travel question.)

Rex Nov 14th, 1999 12:37 PM

Alex, <BR> <BR>I can't explain it, but I offer the following article by a very good travel writer on this very subject: <BR> <BR>When You're Being Groped on the Bus, It's Not the Time for Ladylike Reserve <BR> <BR>By SUSAN SPANO, Times Travel Writer <BR> <BR>The complete article is available to read online at: <BR> <BR>http://www.latimes.com/travel/trspan...000061831.html <BR> <BR>Best wishes, <BR> <BR>Rex

redneck Nov 14th, 1999 04:27 PM

A while ago we had the swimming pool make out scene. Now derriere squeezing. A question to repeat: are you bragging or complaining? <BR>

D.B. Nov 14th, 1999 08:29 PM

How do know it wasn't just a poor attempt at a wedgie? <BR>

ilisa Nov 15th, 1999 04:08 AM

Alex, get over yourself. We're not impressed.

Al Nov 15th, 1999 04:26 AM

All this reminds me of the time my wife and I were crammed like sweaty sardines into a subway car during the Tokyo rush hour. A little Japanese fellow...about a foot shorter than my wife...was pasted up against her, toes to toes. She turned to me, and in a loud whisper, said, "You will never believe what this guy is doing." I, being completely and helplessly crammed up against her backside, cheek to cheek, said, "It's all in your mind." She said, "Like hell it is...it's all in my crotch!" She then found a use for her knee that she hadn't used in years. So, Alex, what did you do with YOUR knee? Or did you merely smile...?

Helena Nov 15th, 1999 05:26 AM

Hey, hey, hey, let's be nice. Women don't ASK for these kinds of things, and none of us were there to know what Alex did or didn't do. Remember, it's not the victim's fault, right?

Cheryl Z. Nov 15th, 1999 04:17 PM

<BR>It's not only women who receive unwanted attention, sometimes it's the men too! Al's story made me smile when I remembered what happened to my husband years ago in Paris. We were on the Metro, also packed in like sardines, I had the last seat by the door with my husband standing next to me hanging on to the strap. At the next stop a couple young guys got on, had dyed and spiked hair, nose rings, leather etc. and were practically body to body with my husband (who doesn't look like he should be messed with - very New York/Italian). One guy, with his face about l0 inches from my husband's, blew him a kiss and winked at him and smiled at him the whole time. My husband just ignored him (and that took a lot of will power!) and I just about burst out laughing. I practically choked snorting. Afterwards, I think my husband was more irritated with me for my reaction than he was by the guy!!

janine Nov 16th, 1999 06:41 AM

This can happen anywhere! One of the features on "Good Morning Washington" today was that the Metro authority is investigating two recent "inappropriate touching" incidents.

alex Nov 16th, 1999 02:57 PM

Maria, <BR>Thanks for directions to other site. <BR>alex