COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

mamma mia in London

Old May 16th, 2001, 07:41 AM
kate

mamma mia in London

Any chance of getting tickets last week June first few days of July? Where should I try? Thanks

Old May 16th, 2001, 07:48 AM
Ursula

Kate: A friend of mine living half of his time either in London or Zurich just told me this afternoon he was going there sometime in June and that is was sold out for weeks, if not months. It must be very good.
He indicated me the a good site, incidentally the official London website, where one can order tickets on-line. Maybe a chance there:

www.londontown.com

Good luck!

Old May 16th, 2001, 08:30 AM
kitty

Hi,

I got my tickets for Mamma Mia several months ago through ticketmaster.co.uk. The good news is there was no handling fee on this play (though there was on the Les Mis tickets I ordered). Ticketmaster will show you immediately what is available and you can have the tickets mailed to you or held at the box office. I had my tickets mailed and received them in a week of ordering. Good luck.

Old May 16th, 2001, 01:54 PM
Tony

You can also try www.first-call.co.uk, which is another ticket broker. I would go with whatever broker got me the best seats for the lowest fees.

Old May 16th, 2001, 04:35 PM
texasgirl

Hi, if you're feeling lucky _ and there are only one or two of you _ you can try to get one of the returns on day-of-show. They sell for face value. Just show up at the theater a couple hours before showtime and get in line; I was about the 15th person in line on a saturday night in December and got in, and ended up getting a great seat. Fun show! (also, if you are from the states, i think it opens in NY in october)

Old May 16th, 2001, 05:37 PM
Susan

Also if you're coming to Toronto, it's been playing here for several months. I don't know how long it'll play - the show is fabulous and soldout all the time.

Old May 16th, 2001, 05:56 PM
Beth

Ursula,
We were in London in March and there were no tickets to be found. We ended up seeing Les Mis and The Graduate. Both were good.
If you're going to be anywhere near Chicago in the next six weeks or so, Mama Mia is playing at the Cadillac Palace. I was just at Ticketmaster.com a few minutes ago and there are plenty of tickets available. I'm planning on going at the end of June.
Good luck with the hunt!