Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Malpensa to Como (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/malpensa-to-como-13738/)

Monique Etchevers Apr 2nd, 1997 08:29 PM

Malpensa to Como

Do you know how to get directly from Malpensa Airport to Como by bus or train. Do we need to go through Milan or is there public transportation from Malpensa Airport to Como. Thank You.

Cary Thomas Apr 5th, 1997 07:01 PM

There is a bus from Malpensa that does directly to the main train station in Milan. The ride take approximately 30-45 minutes. Was you arrive at the traim station purchase a ticket to Como. There are frequent trains to Como, departing about every half an hour. In June of 1995 I did the reverse of this. I went from Como to Milan, via train, then Milan to Malpensa via bus. I cannot remember the exact price, but it was fairly inexpensive. We stayed in a wonderful hotel in Como called Hotel Florence. Good luck and have a nice trip.

Cary Thomas Apr 5th, 1997 07:03 PM

There is a bus from Malpensa that goes directly to the main train station in Milan. The ride takes approximately 30-45 minutes. Once you arrive at the train station purchase a ticket to Como. There are frequent trains to Como, departing about every half an hour. In June of 1995 I did the reverse of this. I went from Como to Milan, via train, then Milan to Malpensa via bus. I cannot remember the exact price, but it was fairly inexpensive. We stayed in a wonderful hotel in Como called Hotel Florence. Good luck and have a nice trip.

monique etchevers Apr 6th, 1997 07:08 PM

Thank you for your response. Do you know if one can go directly from Malpensa to Como without going through Como. Also, do you remember how much Hotel Florence cost and where it was located?

Cary Thomas Apr 9th, 1997 08:29 PM

I looked through my information and I do not think there is a direct route from Malpensa to Como. I did find my bus ticket receipt which has a phone number on it. The service from Malpensa to Milan is run by Air Pullman, the phone# is (02) 400.99.280. Who knows, they may speak english and may be able to tell you if there are buses to Como. The fare was 12,000 lira.

The hotel we stayed at in Como is Albergo Firenze. It is located directly down the street from the train station (within walking distance) on Via Garibaldi, #47, on Piazza Volta, #16. The water is a block and a half away and there is an extremely quaint street around the corner with a great restaurant. A double room with a fairly expansive, tasty, breakfast cost us 140,000 lira per night. The room was modern with a nice bath. Their phone number is 031-300333, fax number is 031-300101.

I have two train ticket stubs from Como to Milan. One was an "Ordinario" train and the ticket was 7,700 lira. The other ticket was "Suppl IC/EC" and the ticket was 3,500 lira.

I hope this helps. I have been to Europe eight times and my favorite place, by far, is Lago di Como.