Reload this Page >

Mallorca...info needed on hotels, sights

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14th, 2001, 12:19 PM
Fiona

Hi, <BR>I am planning a trip to Mallorca this summer and wonder if there are any particular sights/places not to be missed. Would 5 days be too long on the island? Any SPECIAL hotels (4-5 star) with great service and ambiance? I appreciate any ideas or advice given. Thanks!

Old Mar 14th, 2001, 05:00 PM
jim

Up up up..........

Old Mar 16th, 2001, 09:48 AM
Fiona

Does anyone have an opinion about Mallorca or another Ballearic Island? Any good websites? Thanks, Fiona

Old Mar 16th, 2001, 10:01 AM
Eva

As far as I know (and this info is coming from my boyfriend)Mallorca is filled to the gills with mostly young kids on holiday. He used to go there every year while he lived in England and was delighted (at the time) that everyone there was English too (or from the UK). But I would imagine that like any other place with these kinds of resorts there are other places that are less crowded. I was really interested in going until he gave me the scoop.

Old Mar 16th, 2001, 10:36 AM
Phil

My wife and I have embarked on cruises from Palma, Malloraca and spent a weekend there. The Cathedral and Castle are quite impressive. There are a number of day trips that can be booked or if you plan to rent a car, all locations are easy to get to. We went to Solier and the Port of Solier taking the train from Palma. It's an old narrow gage rail road and was worth doing. There is also a groto in the North East section of the island and an old convent called Valdermosa, not sure if that is the way it's spelt, but close, in the west, all within a days driving. 5 days should be enough time to see it all. <BR> <BR>Phil

Old Mar 16th, 2001, 10:51 AM
doug

I found a really cool hotel on Mallorca called Scott's Hotel. Its in a small inland town, looks beautiful and romantic. Their website is scottshotel.com.

Old Mar 17th, 2001, 04:10 PM
Fiona

Thanks for the info from everybody. Is it crowded in June as Eva wrote. I'm looking for something more off the beaten track and quiet w/great scenery. <BR>Does Mallorca have those qualities? Thanks!

Old Mar 18th, 2001, 01:30 AM
Miriam

Hello Fiona, <BR> <BR>one of the most romantic and beautiful <BR>places in the world is Deia. If you`re looking for a beach spot it`s not your choice because it`s located in the mountains on the west coast. <BR>There`s a wonderful hotel called "La Residencia". You`ll find info on the web. There might be tour buses during the day, because the little village is known for it`s scenery and the artists who`ve chosen to live there...but the view from your balcony in the morning and evening will be breathtaking. <BR> <BR>If you need further information on Mallorca-just email me. I`ve lived there for one year. <BR> <BR>Miriam

Old Mar 20th, 2001, 03:37 AM
Fiona

Thanks the info. Any more suggestions or opinions? <BR> <BR>Miriam: Where could I find an uncrowded beach? Although we enjoy the mountains, one day on the beach would be nice. I have looked at the La Residencia and Hotel Formentor. Do you have any opinion on Formentor? We would probably break are week up into 2 hotel stays. Thanks again.

Old Mar 20th, 2001, 06:17 AM
Phil

Fiona: <BR> <BR>My fiance and I are going to be in Mallorca for the first time this April on our honeymoon. We have chosen to stay at the Hotel villa Italia, www.hotelvillaitalia.com. Formentor is supposed to be good but have heard some bad reviews. There are several great beaches though, I think they are on the southeast side of the Island. There are some good sites online. Do a search! <BR> <BR>Phil

Old Jun 22nd, 2001, 05:16 PM
Kelly

Hello Miriam, <BR>Could you tell me what the weather is like in December in Mallorca? the hotels I really like are closed at that time so I am guessing that it might be cold. <BR>Thanks!