Reload this Page >

Malcesini, varenna, bellagio or bergamo. Where do you stay? o

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11th, 2002, 10:39 AM
haydee

I need help to make up my mind. Which is the best place to stay two nights?. Regards.haydee

Old Aug 11th, 2002, 11:14 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

When? Will you have a car? What do you want to see and do? Where are you coming from--going to? It depends !

Old Aug 11th, 2002, 11:19 AM
haydee

Yes, we will be travelling by car. Leaving Verona on September 2nd. We have three days because we have to be in Ligure Sep.5th. Thanks. Haydee

Old Aug 11th, 2002, 11:51 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

That helps. I would stop in Bergamo Alta for 2 hours enroute and then stay in Varenna. Lago Como in Sep is hard to beat, and Varenna makes a good base. Good luck and have fun !

Old Aug 11th, 2002, 12:55 PM
Rex

Nothing wrong with Bob's advice. I'll offer a counter-suggestion just in case you have trouble booking a room in Varenna - - Menaggio is the "other" side of the lake from Bellagio. A little bit more town there (though nothing like the rich tapestry - - and maybe a little kitsch - - of Bellagio) - - but similarly lower priced.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Aug 11th, 2002, 12:58 PM
haydee

Dear Bob<BR>Thanks. I like your suggestion.Regards.Haydee

Old Aug 11th, 2002, 03:23 PM
HAYDEE

Rex: Thanks.I've just got a confirmation of Hotel Du Lac in Varenna.Regards.

Old Aug 11th, 2002, 04:52 PM
Marty

Hiya:<BR><BR> I've stayed in Bellagio. There's a couple of hotels with pools ( one is Gran Villa Serbaloni have a massage there too!), and I suggest those. But also, it is easy to travel by ferry from there to Varenna and also to the mainland. You can take a ferry to many of the sites on the lake (mainly Villa D'este, though I don't recommend staying there, but do have lunch and visit the grounds). You can also visit the many villas. Ask your hotel about "Janine" who has a boat that can take you to many of the villas and give you private tour: Villa Balbionelli (sp) is magical. Walk around Bellagio and you will find wonderful restaurants (Punto), and lovely shops. If you only have 2 days, I recommend Bellagio.