Magellan's luggage "Retriever Tags"

Old Apr 2nd, 2005, 07:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Magellan's luggage "Retriever Tags"

I did a search on this and found nothing, so I'll ask advice from the forum. I just bought Magellan's "Retriever Tags" for my luggage. The catalog's states: "These vinyl tags invite baggage agents (in eight languages) to remove the itinerary you've placed inside, and forward your bag to you while you're en route." Are they a good idea? Bad idea?
Old Apr 2nd, 2005, 09:51 AM
Original Poster

ttt
Old Apr 2nd, 2005, 02:06 PM
sandi

I've always included a copy of my itinerary inside my luggage should the bag not arrive with me - anywhere along the way.

Now I use the "retriever tag" which contains my itinerary. Thankfully, my bags and I have arrived together, so I doubt these tags have been checked.

I see no problem with the tags. Besides, bags are being opened all around the world by anyone, so it's not like anything is secure anywhere.

Old Apr 2nd, 2005, 05:27 PM

I have always put a small, 3 x 5" laminated itinerary in each of our bags, and each person carries it, too. That way if we are separated, everyone has the hotel phone numbers.
Old Apr 2nd, 2005, 05:51 PM

I suppose it can't hurt, but I don't see the necessity for it. I include a copy of my itinerary in one of the outside pockets of my bags. In any case, if baggage is delayed or "lost", you would have to be filing a report and contacting the baggage agents yourself at the airport to give them contact information. You wouldn't just shrug and leave the airport and leave it up to them to figure out where you are and to get the bags to you.