Maersk Gatwick to Copenhagen

Old Sep 23rd, 2004, 07:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maersk Gatwick to Copenhagen

Has anyone flown this route recently on Maersk Air? It seems that Continental has switched from KLM via Amsterdam to Maersk via London as a partner on Copenhagen-bound routes. Would welcome any comments/experiences. Thanks.
Old Sep 23rd, 2004, 02:46 PM
Original Poster

ttt pretty please.
Old Sep 23rd, 2004, 11:07 PM

Well, no-one's jumping to help - which might imply that few browsers on this board have taken the flight.

Maersk is a regional airline based in Denmark. Its safety record is perfect (more than you can say for American or United). It's operated by a proper, solvent and profitable, commercial company: no public handouts or Government loan guarantees. As a result, it's a great deal more financially secure than Delta, United or Alitalia (though granted that's not saying much, and doubtless it's being hammered by the cheapos like all European airlines).

It's a 90 minute flight operated by 737s - and frankly, one 90 minute flight in a developed-world 737 is pretty much the same as another unless you really care about the colour of the stewardesses' uniforms. The one time I've taken them (from Southend to Billund, and that dates me), it was a thoroughly unmemorable occasion.

They've recently introduced one unusual feature: you can pay a supplement to get extra legroom. If this matters to you, their website explains.
Old Sep 24th, 2004, 05:31 AM
jay

I beleive that Maersk has always been a partner. I think that thay are listed in the Continental magazine. Flanneruk is right though.
Old Sep 24th, 2004, 07:28 AM
Original Poster

Thank you very much, flanneruk and jay!
Old May 16th, 2005, 10:17 AM

I hate to drag this old thread to the top...but I have a flight scheduled with Air Maersk from London to Copenhagen after arriving to Gatwick from Minneapolis on Northwest. NWA has a baggage agreement with Air Maersk, so I plan to check all the way through to Copenhagen. How does Air Maersk inflict their penalty on you for overweight baggage if you don't check these in at Gatwick?
Old May 16th, 2005, 02:30 PM

If you bare able to check bags all the way through and arriving on an international flight, as a general rule the second carrier will accept baggage at the same limits that the international carrier imposed; i.e., in this case I suspect it is two bags and no more than 70# each.

Now, if you were to check those same bags in at the Maersk counter at Gatwick it would be an entirely different story.
Old May 17th, 2005, 04:07 AM

Thanks a lot Intrepid 1...I figured someone would have experience with this question.