Looking for suggestions for a three day trip out of Madrid. I'll be visiting a friend there (who is a grad student studying in Madrid for a semester) for the last two weeks of December, and we'd like to do a long weekend to a city we've never been to. We've both traveled Italy and Spain extensively, and have been to Paris, so would love recommendations for exploring some place new. Only criteria is that is easily accessible via Madrid...whether it's plane or train, we just don't want to spend an entire day traveling. Our budget is moderate—willing to splurge here and there, but do not expect to stay in five star hotels. We both love food, wine, museums, and exploring cities. Welcoming any and all suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 X-mas Eve dinner in Rome
- 2 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 3 Which Aran Island??
- 4 Spain in 2018
- 5 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 6 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 7 Is the scenery in South Italy worth the trip by train
- 8 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 9 Help me with an affordable hotel in Barcelona
- 10 Barcelona to Malaga
- 11 Honeymoon In Italy - Itinerary Help?
- 12 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 13 Paris November 2017
- 14 Driving from Bouzies to Figeac
- 15 Rent in Rome
- 16 August - Croatia, Italy, Malta
- 17 Rome Hotel
- 18 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 19 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 20 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 21 Moscow Hotels
- 22 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 23 Rentals in Madrid , Spain-Select
- 24 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 25 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?