Madrid Spain Hotels near Prado Museum

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 4th, 2016, 10:14 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you give me suggestions for Hotels near the Prado Museum. My price range is around
$150 to $200 dollars?

Thank you
Old May 4th, 2016, 11:07 PM

What dollars are you writing about?
What facilities do you want?
How many persons is this for?
What time of year?

Oh never mind have you looked at Booking.com?
You can find the answers to those questions and read real guest reviews too.
Old May 4th, 2016, 11:44 PM
kja

I'm not sure if it will meet your budget, but for that location, I found that the Hotel Lope de Vega -- now, apparently, known as the Mercure Madrid Centro -- met my needs, and it still seems to get decent (not great, not awful) reviews. Hope that helps!
Old May 5th, 2016, 08:53 AM
Original Poster

I will be visiting at the end of June. It will be for one person. I wanted suggestions of nice, places people have visited.
Old May 5th, 2016, 08:56 AM
Original Poster

It would $150 to $200 USA dollars.
Old May 7th, 2016, 10:12 AM

I use to stay in either Persal or Hotel Plaza Mayor in the heart of town. Both are great value, within your budget and a ten-fifteen minutes walk to both Prado, Thyssen-Bornemisza and the Reina Sofia.

Hotel Plaza Mayor: http://www.h-plazamayor.com/en/
With guest reviews: http://www.booking.com/hotel/es/plaza-mayor.en-gb.html

Hostal Persal (fine hotel standard, private bath, wifi, safe, A/C, tv, 24h desk, breakfast etc): http://www.hostalpersal.com/en/
With guest reviews: http://www.booking.com/hotel/es/persalmadrid.en-gb.html

About the area: http://www.timeout.com/madrid/things...-de-las-letras
http://www.spain.info/en/lugares-int...as_letras.html

Both hotels are very close to bustling Plaza Santa Ana and majestic Plaza Mayor:
http://www.gomadrid.com/sights/plaza-santa-ana.html
http://www.gomadrid.com/sights/plaza-mayor.html
Old May 7th, 2016, 10:21 AM

I, too, have stayed at Hotel Plaza Mayor three times - twice solo. I would highly recommend it. Clean, comfortable, great location, decent breakfast included.
Old May 7th, 2016, 11:47 AM

If you wish to be closer to Prado than PM or PSA
Just google hotels near Prado ( to say the obvious )
There s a good selection. not sure what is in your price range...not the Ritz !
Old May 7th, 2016, 11:54 AM

I and other family members have stayed at the Persal and will do for one night again in September. Utilitarian is the best description.

Be sure not to get a hotel on Call de Atocha or Paseo de Prado as they will be quite noisy.
Old May 7th, 2016, 12:08 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
you don't really need to be that close for visiting the Prado as the metro is cheap and convenient. We stayed at the hotel Opera which was very nice and mainly quiet and used the metro to get to other parts of town.
Old May 7th, 2016, 05:06 PM

I've stayed in both the Lope de Vega and Plaza Mayor hotels and would recommend either.
Old May 7th, 2016, 06:11 PM

Madrid is not that big, and almost anyplace you stay, in the old town, will be "walking distance" to the Prado.
That being said, we stayed near Calle Lope de Vega when we visited Madrid, and it's a nice area, I really liked it.
We stayed in a rental apartment, but when I initially searched through booking.com (I recommend this site, lots of affordable, nice places to choose from) many places in that neighborhood - Barrio de las Lettras - came up and a few are budget places that got good reviews.
So, go to booking.com, put in your dates and your budget and near Prado (or Barrio de las Lettras) or Calle de las Huertas.

Near the Plaza Mayor would also be a good walking distance form Prado, and a very central location.
Old May 8th, 2016, 08:43 AM

I was so sad when my that my favorite hotel in Madrid,Suecia, closed. Last week I was thrilled to learn that it had reopened but as a NH hotel-love that hotel chain and they are opening up more and more hotels in Madrid.They also bought Las Canarias-another favorite of mine across from the prado but super expensive.
I found the Suecia area perfect and safe for me alone-next to the Bellas Artes and the little movie theater.Try to get a room high up and facing the street-fabulous vies of Cibeles.

http://www.nh-hotels.com/
Old May 8th, 2016, 11:55 AM

I never stayed at Suecia, but the location is great.
The Bellas Artes building and restaurant/ cafe are worth a visit.
Old May 8th, 2016, 02:04 PM

If you don't intend to visit the Prado every day for long hours, I wouldn't worry about it as you have so many choices of places to stay in Madrid within a few metro stops of it or so. It isn't a bad area, though, and there are some other museums around there and the park is nice.

I stay a bit NW of PUerta del Sol when I'm in Madrid and north of Plaza Mayor and would not call that location near to the Prado. But you can walk there if you want as it is only about 1.5 km, if that's what is meant by near the Prado. Plaza de Santa Ana is about half way between those two so would be a good compromise, or the barrio des Letras, as suggested.

Mercure Madrid is a very good idea and should be in that budget. Room Mate Alicia on plaza de Santa Ana would be good and is probably less than $200. I'd also look at the Vincci Soho. Those would be my top 3 suggestions to be quite near the Prado.
Old May 8th, 2016, 02:11 PM

We are also staying one night at Room Mate Alicia, but have not stayed there previously. Got a great deal on Booking
Old May 8th, 2016, 04:44 PM

Glad you got a great deal at Room Mate Alicia and only for one night-don't be surpised if it's a tiny room in the back with a window facing a brick wall w/airshaft.The bathroom w/no door is right next to the bed.Breakfast used to be included but now there's charge.. hopefully they still give a green apple on the nightstand!
Can you tell I wasn't impressed?....
Old May 8th, 2016, 06:09 PM

Yes. We have never stayed at a Room Mate, so we are curious.
Old May 9th, 2016, 07:08 AM

My husband and I stayed at Room Mate Laura in Madrid a few years ago. It was only for two nights. Very modern room with few decorative touches - think ultra minimal. Breakfast was included - not the best , but not the worst.

I didn't hate the hotel, but liked others in Madrid better.
Old May 9th, 2016, 08:49 AM

Because of our schedule, we are staying in Madrid three times. Twice for one night, and then for eight days. Eight days is an apartment in Chueca.

The Persal and Room Mate Alicia, which are five minutes from each other and are convenient for purposes.