I am writing a new post as we are fine tuning our 17 day summer vacation in Spain and we need some help deciding where to visit after Madrid and Seville.
We have dedicated 5 days to Madrid and 3 days to Seville, leaving us with 9 days to either stay in Andalusia or travel to the eastern coast.
We are deciding between the following:
Staying in Granada for 2 days, seeing Cordoba (as a 1 day trip from Seville), staying in Arco De Frontera for 3 days and doing day trips from there (seeing Ronda and Zahara) and staying in a coastal beach town in the Costa del Sol for 3 days. However, this coast seems to be overdeveloped and quite commercialized and we have had a difficult time finding a small medieval type beach town that has retained it's character.
Travelling to Valencia and spending time on the Costa Blanca and the Costa Valencia. It seems the City of Valencia is very interesting and beautiful and the surrounding area has much to offer. The small towns that dot these Costas have a different flavour than in Andalusia and would give us a flavour of both regions (we enjoy doing this on many of our European vacations). As well, the eastern coast does seem to have warmer waters making the time spent on the beach a little more enjoyable.
Thank you so much everyone for any advice you can offer.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 2 paris to london- day trip
- 3 10 days in europe
- 4 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 5 Tips for first trip to UK
- 6 land vs river cruise
- 7 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 8 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 9 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 10 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 11 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 12 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 13 GTG Paris December 2017
- 14 Where to stay in Naples?
- 15 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 16 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 17 European honeymoon help needed
- 18 northern Italy this fall, dolomites and piedmont
- 19 Portugal
- 20 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 21 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 22 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 23 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 24 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 25 Browsing Barcelona