Husband and I want to visit Spain in May. This is the situation we have coming from Alaska:
1. It will take us 2 full days of travel to arrive in Madrid.
2. We are using airline miles so we can only arrive/leave from Madrid or Barcelona. I'm thinking of arr/dep from Madrid and doing Andalusia on this trip.
2. We only have 13 full days in country. Then 2 days to get back home.
I'm thinking we'd spend the first night (we arrive around 6:30pm) in Madrid. Spend the next days and 2 nights there.
On day 3 take the train to Sevilla in the morning and spend 4 days/days there. Taking day trips to various places. I don't want to spend the time wandering museums and such. The Cathedral and a few other places are enough for me. But I want the tapas scene, flamenco show, maybe a bullfight.
Day 7 Head to Nerja where we can spend 4 nights/4 days ( Not sure if we should drive the route and then keep the car for day trips or just the train). Beach time and a day or two of scuba diving.
Day 11 Head to Granada for 2 nights.
Day 13 Make our way back to Madrid by train
Does this itinerary make sense to those of you that have actually been there
I'm looking at Air BnB apartments and the prices are pretty good with good locations in each of these cities.
Any advice is welcome. Thank you advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 2 Scooter/quad/bike rental on Greek Islands
- 3 Poland--where else to go
- 4 5 days in Andalusia
- 5 First time in Spain - family of 2 adults & one child(10 yr old)
- 6 Bilbao, Basque Country, declared Best European City 2018
- 7 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour
- 8 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 9 Shall we Gdansk?
- 10 Malaga Christmas lights
- 11 Help with Spain itinerary
- 12 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 13 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 14 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 15 Planning a Poland itinerary
- 16 Yet another London Hotel Question
- 17 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 18 Good base for visiting Le Marche region
- 19 South of France
- 20 Christmas in South of Spain 2018
- 21 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 22 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 23 Need Car & Driver for Southern Italy
- 24 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 25 Spain December/ January 2018/19
Madrid-Sevilla-Nerja-Granada-Madrid Itinerary-Feedback Please