Madrid Bullfight Tickets April 2010

Dec 8th, 2009, 04:26 AM
Original Poster

Madrid Bullfight Tickets April 2010

I want to attend a bullfight in Madrid, Spain next April. The Localidades Galicia website offers tickets for delivery to your hotel at http://www.bullfightticketsmadrid.com/

The prices include the ticket cost and a service/delivery charge, but the website does not break out the service/delivery charge separately.

I have 2 questions about the website and ticket prices:

1. Do you know whether this is a reputable ticket seller? Other sources have said they can't offer tickets until a month or two before the bullfight.

2. Looking at the prices offered on the website, does anyone know the approximate markup for the service/delivery charge over the actual ticket price? I sent them an email requesting the info, but no response yet.

Thanks, Paul
Dec 8th, 2009, 06:39 AM

Localidades Galicia has been around for at least 10 years, probably 13. Yes, they are a reputable RE-SELLER of tickets and lots of people I know have used them.

It's hard to guess what the markup is but surely it's 50-100%. Most re-sellers are successful because they know the foreign public is not able to (or doesn't want to) buy tickets on their own for whatever reason, be it for the language or the method or location of purchase. I imagine the first-timer, non-Spanish speaking person would find the whole ticket-buying process daunting upon reaching the ticket window.

I'm pretty sure they won't volunteer their markup-percentage nor will they tell you the retail price of the tickets.

The retail pricing scheme for non-festival bullfight tickets is complex. There are more than 100 different ticket prices, all depending on location, high-low, sun, shade, or sun-and-shade. They could be as cheap as 5 Euros or as much as 120 Euros for the bullfights featuring mature bullfighters (called "Corrida de toros"). Bullfights featuring younger bullfighters are cheaper (called "Novillada picada"), charging 2 to 63 Euros. Take a look at the normal prices for the 2009 season at http://asp.las-ventas.com/noticias/precios.asp

Enjoy your visit to Madrid! I know you will.

Saludos, MadridMan @ you-know-where!!
Dec 8th, 2009, 07:02 AM

I just had my concierge do it for me, and paid face + a nice tip. This would be the way I would go, if you are staying at a hotel with a concierge. Even at a hotel without a concierge, I wouldn't be surprised if the front desk might be able to help you. When I went in April last year, the stadium was only about 50% full anyway, so you might also be able to get away with just purchasing on arrival.
Dec 8th, 2009, 07:48 AM

We're off! Only 3 hours. I'll just stand back and watch this time.
Dec 8th, 2009, 07:50 AM
Original Poster

travelgourmet: I did ask the hotel--they said they couldn't get tickets until a month or two before the actual event. I was concerned about it being sold out before we could get tickets as it's Easter Sunday.
Dec 8th, 2009, 08:38 AM
Original Poster

MadridMan--thanks, the info and link are very helpful.
Dec 8th, 2009, 01:27 PM

I would allow your hotel take care of the tickets. Depending on where you are staying, the concierge should have no problem finding the seats you want without having to pay too much, even on Easter Sunday. Just remember, the best tickets do tend to be expensive.

Also, no one can purchase a ticket until the cartel has been announced. This will not happen until the matadors and ranches sign their contracts, which may not happen before the first of March.
Dec 9th, 2009, 02:55 AM

The points of view for and against bullfighting in Spain have reached a point of "no agression". I don´t really like it, mostly because it´s quite boring (in my opinion), although some "faenas" may be very scenic. In any case, it´s not the point of the post.

The best part of it is the audience. Some plazas, like Pamplona, are more a big festival of music, noise and food than spectators interested in the actual bullfight below. Almería too, for example. Bilbao is very grave and people stay quiet most of the time. Madrid is more a fiesta, where people shout at the bullfighter, go to see and be seen, and where the major bullfighters go in search of glory. Ah, proper dressing is (was?) a must...
Dec 9th, 2009, 06:06 AM

mike,
After my first bullfight I boycotted the country for 10 years. So I for one am glad its now 'boring'
Dec 9th, 2009, 07:03 AM

I don´t really like it, mostly because it´s quite boring (in my opinion)

I actually felt the same way. The first few fights were okay, but it just seemed to end up being more of the same after a while. I suspect that true fans would argue otherwise, and I am probably missing a lot of the subtlety, but it just didn't hold my interest. Still, I thought it an interesting view into Spanish culture and am glad I went.
Dec 9th, 2009, 07:54 AM

What happened to the fun posts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqVwJ...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgKkhygTcpo&NR=1

'The best part of it is the audience.' Enjoy, 'true fans'.