Madrid Barajas airport to Seville

Jul 10th, 2019, 11:50 AM
Original Poster

Madrid Barajas airport to Seville

I thought we would take a taxi from the airport to the Madrid train station to take the AVE to Seville. However, someone told me we can take a train directly from the airport. Is that correct? Is there a train station in the airport, or is it a metro?
Jul 10th, 2019, 12:01 PM

There is a rapid Cercania train from T4..to Atocha train station where you take AVE.
If you take metro from the airport to to Atocha , you have to change trains at one point.
Jul 10th, 2019, 12:21 PM
Original Poster

Thank you, Danon. How do I get the Cercania schedule?
Jul 10th, 2019, 12:27 PM

Jul 10th, 2019, 07:33 PM

Since you will be at MAD, you could also fly to Seville.

An alternative to the train to Atocha is the express bus from the airport, roll your luggage right on , no steps, etc. I imagine there are steps or escalators/elevators to the train but I don't know. I took the bus.
Jul 14th, 2019, 01:57 PM
Original Poster

We are flying Delta which does not fly into Seville in November. We will be flying into Terminal 1 and getting to the train at Terminal 4 is starting to sound stressful. The express bus appears to come to Terminal 1 so that may be an option. I didn't mention that we are two 78 year old women, but don't let that frighten you because we are in good shape. Of course, a taxi would probably be the less stressful option, and that means a lot after a long flight and then having to navigate such a busy train station once we get there.
Jul 14th, 2019, 02:29 PM

Taxi is 30 euros fixed rate to central Madrid. At one time there was additional charge to and from the train station, not sure if it still applies.
I usually ask taxi drivers to drop me near the statin which they don’t mind at all.
From T1 the bus is a MUCH better option.
.T4 is a bus ride from T1..for about 10 min...
T4 is huge and not easy to navigate., best not to go there.
Atocha is busy..the track is usually indicated 10-15 min. before departure.
You will have to go through luggage security check .
Jul 14th, 2019, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Beejie View Post
We are flying Delta which does not fly into Seville in November. We will be flying into Terminal 1 and getting to the train at Terminal 4 is starting to sound stressful.
We also flew Delta to Madrid, and then booked a separate domestic flight to Andalucia. We landed at 8 am and our domestic flight was at noon, so plenty of time to make that connection. But training it is fine too. It's fairly simple to take the airport shuttle to go between terminals. Just look for it outside the arrival lobby. Same for the bus which will take you to Atocha. People can direct you to the correct bus if you ask.
Jul 14th, 2019, 08:13 PM

I would fly