Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Madrid (Barajas Airport) to Puerta del Sol
Notices

Madrid (Barajas Airport) to Puerta del Sol

Aug 31st, 2010, 07:37 AM
Original Poster

Madrid (Barajas Airport) to Puerta del Sol

Hi everyone,

I was hoping to get some information on the best way to get from the airport in Madrid to our hotel near Puerta del Sol. There will be 5 of us, three brothers and our two parents traveling to Madrid in two weeks. We will be arriving around 11:00 am and have hotel reservations near Puerta del Sol. I have seen many different options for transport to our hotel, including metro, air-bus, taxi.

we were originally thinking metro, since it would be the cheapest option, but with the time it takes and the changing of metros i was thinking that this might become more of a hassle than anything else. i realize that taxi is going to be quite more expensive, but should be much less hassle since they are so plentiful at the airport. my question is, will we have a difficult time locating a taxi that can carry 5 individuals (plus luggage) to Puerta del Sol. and how much should we figure our charge for this transport? (if we split the cost 5 ways, it shouldnt be that much) and will be much less of a hassle, as it will drop us off right in front of our hotel and save us alot of time.

any advice would be great.
thanks !!!
Aug 31st, 2010, 03:44 PM

you cannot get quicker than a metro...with a taxi and five of you you may have to take 2 cars. I also doubt if this is quicker either.
I have found the Madrid metro quick and clean and very cheap.
Aug 31st, 2010, 04:08 PM

I'd see if Aerocity can give you a good rate for your group.

They'd be able to fit everyone in one van.

http://aerocity.com/en

Search this Thread