My husband and I are traveling to Spain at the end of August. We want to visit Albarracin from Madrid, so I'm thinking we will rent a car from the airport. Because our next stop is Barcelona, and the rental car cost seems to increase only marginally to drop the car off there, I'm wondering if it makes sense to just drive to Barcelona from Albarracin, instead of returning to Madrid and then flying or taking the train.
According to googlemaps, it's about 3 1/2 hours to drive from Madrid to Albarracin and then about 4 1/2 hours to Barcelona from there. Has anyone done this drive before? Thoughts/suggestions? Are the roads easy and is the scenery decent? Also looks like there are a few options for routes: which is better? along the coast or north first via Zaragoza?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona to Malaga
- 2 Salerno as a base to visit Amalfi Coast
- 3 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 4 Has Berlin Banned Vacation Rentals?
- 5 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 6 Traveling by car Munich to Soelden Austria
- 7 August - Croatia, Italy, Malta
- 8 "Occupied" TV series: On location in Oslo
- 9 Rome - Naples - Paestum - Salerno - Ravello Trip Report
- 10 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 11 Recommendations Budget hotel Paris
- 12 Moscow Hotels
- 13 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 14 Packing Champagne
- 15 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 16 Manchester hotels
- 17 Visit to France
- 18 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 19 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 20 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 21 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 22 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 23 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 24 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 25 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey