Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Luxury Triple room in 5th or 6th arr Paris?

Old Jun 14th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going with a friend and my 9 year old daughter next week to Paris and would like to stay in Latin Quarter (5th or 6th). We need a triple room and have it narrowed down to Residence Le Prince and Le Placide Saint Germain. Any thoughts or other suggestions?
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 05:57 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
I like the location of Le Prince better.
Old Jun 15th, 2012, 10:26 AM

I don't think you can go too wrong, both are good locations. I think they are both new hotels so probably not many folks have stayed in them (I had never heard of either, actually).

I actually think you might like the location of Le Prince better, I would. I think it is more convenient for getting around and closer to more things you might want to see or just enjoy walking around. I like it because it is very near the Luxembourg Gardens and the Latin Qtr, as well as not too far from Notre Dame and the islands. YOu can see a lot just from walking around there. Also, the area over near Bon Marche (where the other hotel is) is kind of a different vibe, hard to explain, but bigger buildings and not as many small shops, at least not on the main streets (like rue de Sevres where BOn Marche is). I guess maybe there are some smaller businesses on rue du Cherche Midi, though, which is why I think either would be okay, actually. I also find myself using the metro lines near the other one more (like like 4).
Old Jun 18th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Original Poster

Thanks! Any restaurant recommendations? We have a 9 year old with us but very well behaved and would like to give her the French experience. Already planning to take her to Ladree and Breizh Cafe for Crepes!
Old Jun 19th, 2012, 03:03 AM

Hotel Delavigne near the Luxembourg Gardens is a nice place. The hotel is 3-star but their triple room is luxurious enough in my opinion.
http://www.hoteldelavigne.com/