Luxury hotel suggestions???

Old May 21st, 2001, 09:43 PM
Arousha

Luxury hotel suggestions???

My husband and I are planning a 4 night stay in rome, any suggestions on luxury hotels? I looked up the ville intercontinental roma and the st regis grand, any comments would be great thanks!!

Old Jun 26th, 2001, 07:59 AM
Ron

The St. Regis Grand is an excellent choice if you like borque-style environments and superior service.<BR><BR>You can also try looking at "Small Luxury Hotels of the World" website at www.slh.com.<BR><BR>Additional offerings (in order of preference):<BR>a) Westin Excelsior (excellent)<BR>b) Hotel De Russie (was on of the best, but I've heard from friends that recently it has been that good)<BR>c) Hotel Eden<BR>d) Bernini Bristol<BR>e) Hotel Lord Byron

Old Jun 26th, 2001, 12:29 PM
kam

I just don't think that you can beat the Excelsior. Great location, great concierge, great people watching. We go when the client pays, not on our own!

Old Jun 26th, 2001, 01:19 PM
Byrd

Ron--What do you think of the Bernini Bristol? We are thinking of staying there in October. On the map it appears that we could walk to the Piazza Navona area without much trouble..What do you think?<BR><BR>Byrd<BR>

Old Jun 26th, 2001, 06:39 PM
John

Consider the Minerva (was a Crowne Plaza recently changed hands). Large and luxurious room and marble bath. Great location in center of the historical district of Rome. In easy walking distance of many sights and monuments and a great roof top restaurant.<BR>