Firstly, your immense help I've received from just browsing various threads here is most appreciated.
My fiance and I are heading to Italy (Sorrento, Rome, Florence, Venice, Milan) and Paris for our honeymoon in August this year. We're from the Caribbean and this is our first trip together (ever - in 10! years) and I've booked all the hotels (3 and 4 star) everywhere but Rome. I'm spending 3 nights in Sorrento, 5 nights in Rome, 4 nights in Florence, 2 nights in Venice, 4 nights in Milan and 5 nights in Paris. I'm actually more excited about my honeymoon than I am about my wedding
Rome and Paris are the cities I'm splurging in and so my question is regarding hotel choice in Rome. I would prefer to be in the middle of the city, a balcony to sit and enjoy the view, luxurious accomodations (modern or traditional, once it's beautiful I'm not picky), and my budget is US$500 - 600 per night. I've been tempted by the summer promotion at the Cavalieri - the King Imperial Room with a view looks gorgeous. However, it is relatively far from the city center and so I don't know if it makes sense staying there and I've read about all of their extra charges. My other choices are:
1. Hotel Splendide Royal (jr suite with terrace)
2. JK Place Roma (it's really pricey - worth it?)
3. St Regis (imperial room)
4. Palazzo Manfredi (executive double)
5. Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese (luxury room)
6. Hotel Raphael (Deluxe Suite)
7. Palazzo Montemartini (Jr suite)
While I understand this is completely subjective, I would appreciate any suggestions - pros and cons of any of the hotels. Also, I would prefer to have a hotel without a lot of hidden costs - do not want to pay extra for wifi (who does that in these days??!!) or access to any pool/spa areas etc. They're already pricey so I do not want any surprises on my bill.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 KYOCERA PRINTER 18OO*68I*72O8 in$tallations CONTACT KYOCERA Tec*h 24/7
- 2 Travel chat and reflections
- 3 Black Friday in Britain? Why?
- 4 Hiking - Suggest a location
- 5 Best Gift For Valentines To a Boyfriend
- 6 The World's Greatest Churches
- 7 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 8 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 9 Advise Needed
- 10 naturalfitnesspoint.com/hair-bloom/
- 11 South of France
- 12 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 13 6 days in Slovenia and Croatia in January
- 14 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 15 Copenhagen, Stockholm & Bergen April 2018
- 16 Amsterdam at End of Year - Tickets for Museums
- 17 10 days in europe
- 18 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 19 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 20 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 21 land vs river cruise
- 22 Festival du Citron (Lemon Festival), Menton
- 23 Help with suggestions for Portugal 2 week trip
- 24 19 days Ireland by car - please advise
- 25 Scotland ideas