My husband and I are planning to visit my son this fall while he is studying in Luxembourg. I read another forum post and responses by jlschweg that looks like an itinerary we might want to follow.
We would have 7-9 days max. We would fly into Brussels then go to Lux to see my son and have him show us around-how much time do we need in Lux? Is one overnight and the following day enough?
From Lux we're interested in Brugges, Amsterdam and possibly Trier.
Is a short river cruise an option, and if so, where should we do it?
Lastly, I would like some suggestions on extraordinary hotels in some of these places.
I'd like to splurge a few nights and stay in some fabulous places.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 2 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 3 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 4 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 5 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 6 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 7 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 8 Tips for first trip to UK
- 9 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 10 My France Vacation
- 11 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 12 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 13 land vs river cruise
- 14 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 15 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 16 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 17 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 18 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 19 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 20 Malaga Christmas lights
- 21 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 22 Your favorite London streets for strolling?
- 23 Planning a Poland itinerary
- 24 Poland--where else to go
- 25 The World's Greatest Churches