Luton airport questions

Oct 13th, 2018, 02:45 PM
Original Poster

Luton airport questions

Hi all. I am looking at taking an EL AL flight from Tel Aviv to London in April. Flight lands at 10 pm at Luton airport. We are staying in Kensington. My question, would you just go into Kensington that night or stay at an airport hotel there and get into the city the next day? If you recommend staying there, do you have a hotel you prefer? Thanks for any advice.
Oct 13th, 2018, 03:22 PM

It's been a while since I last used Luton but, when I did, where I stayed depended on transport options. Fortunately I checked the trains for an early flight, assuming there would be one, but there wasn't, so I stayed the night before at the closest hotel to the terminal, a short walk away. All that to suggest you first check transport options for late evening to start. I realize they may be more comprehensive now.
Oct 13th, 2018, 04:43 PM

Kensington - or South Kensington (or maybe Earl's Court - lots of Earls Court properties like to claim Kensington)?

If it is Kensington things will be a tad more complicated than South Kensington or Earls Court. First the shuttle bus from the airport to the train station. Train To St Pancras. Piccadilly line to South Kens, Gloucester Rd or Earl's Court. For Kensington -- Piccadilly line to Earl's court, then District line to High Street Kensington. Shuttles/trains/tube all runs late but with less frequency. Me personally - I'd head in to London -- but be sure to advise the hotel of a late arrival. But if you don't want the hassle of a late trip -- book a Luton hotel for the night.

Search this Thread