Reload this Page >

LUSH vs BATH & BODY WORKS

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 09:03 PM
Judy

All you girls have been raving about LUSH products. Are they very different than Bath & Body Works in the U.S.?

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 10:17 PM
Wrenneth

Hi Judy, <BR>LUSH products cannot be compared to Bath and Body Works. B&BW sells overscented products that smell more of chemicals than any natural essence. Their creams don't have proper slip nor any moisturizing value that I can determine. Lush products are fresh, many have expiration dates of a day or two and are packed in fresh produce. The volcano foot creme I purchased came in a tomato, cute marketing surely but it really made my hiking weary feet happy again. Their fizzy balls are fun and colorful and have rose petals in some. I brought them back as gifts and received a lot of compliments. Everyone loved them. In my book there is no comparison between the two companies. By the way, I cannot recommend the soap at either establishment, Lush soap is too sticky, B&BW soap is too hard. <BR>Try the products when you get a chance. They are fun at the very least! <BR>Have a good one. <BR>W.

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 11:57 PM
Lucy

Oooh I love Lush - we have had it here in Sydney for around 4 years now. I love the fizy 'ballistics' with petals in them & the chocolate soap smells divine! (although I porbably wouldn't actually want to use it.) I've brought their face masks a few times which you keep in the fridge & they were great.

Old Jun 5th, 2001, 05:56 AM
Katie

I am leaving for England on Friday. Where can I purchase LUSH products? I need some fun gifts to bring home, and, with all the walking I plan to do, the volcanic foot cream may save the day. <BR>Thanks!

Old Jun 5th, 2001, 06:02 AM
Ann

So can I only use that if I've been walking on volcanoes? Does the volcano have to be active?

Old Jun 5th, 2001, 08:05 AM
Kavey

<BR> <BR>Look at www.lush.co.uk for addresses of UK Lush shops and others in Europe. <BR> <BR>Yes LUSH is better than Bath and Body Works... <BR> <BR>Re the soaps, I love those too, but it is worth trying different ones as they are designed for different skin types etc. <BR> <BR>A great present for a couple is the massage bar... my favourite is bewitched. Also look at their bath ballistics, their soaps, the solid bar shampoos and conditioners and the bath melts and bubble bath slices...

Old Jun 5th, 2001, 09:40 AM
Lily

I first heard about Lush products in a very long thread on this forum several months ago. I love stuff like this and was very eager to try it out. I was in Edinburgh in March and bought many of the bath ballistics and absolutely love them. They are divine. I'm not too fond of the soaps that I bought, but the shampoos are supposed to be great. I will definitely be ordering more bath ballistics from their Website. The store in Edinburgh is a small one, and I'd love to visit their stores in London to get their products in fresh produce. How cool is that!

Old Jun 5th, 2001, 10:08 AM
Kathy

Oh my gosh! <BR> <BR>Ladies, I just checked their web site & everything looks absolutely divine. I may never come out of the bath if I order anything from LUSH! <BR> <BR>Kathy

Old Jun 5th, 2001, 10:31 AM
Curious

What's wrong with Lush's soaps? I've heard two people say they didn't like them. Why? <BR>I've tried some of their products (shampoos, bath fizzies), and they do seem nice. Haven't tried their soaps, though.

Old Jun 5th, 2001, 10:36 AM
Curious

What's wrong with Lush's soaps? I've heard two people say they didn't like them. Why? <BR>I've tried some of their products (shampoos, bath fizzies), and they do seem nice. Haven't tried their soaps, though.

Curious

Curious

Curious

Old Jun 6th, 2001, 04:02 AM
francesca

Bath & Body Works is truly awful stuff, IMHO. Lush is fantastic. Just the smell alone....I only wish it were sold in France. Their site is fantastic, but their shipping costs and customer service leave a lot to be desired.