We will be checking out of our gite in Normandy and driving to Amboise (@ 3 hour drive). I thought it would be nice to stop just shortly before Amboise around Tours area for lunch. I have been trying to find a winery that would also offer lunch (in Vouvray for example). I have found a few wineries that look beautiful and offer degustations but no lunch options (i.e., Montcontour).
I found one restaurant - Le Grand Vatel.
Does anyone know of a scenic lunch spot in the area - preferably with an outdoor patio? Could be a nice little auberge if there aren't wineries that also have a restaurant. Or is there somewhere to stop for a nice picnic lunch in the area?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 YAHOO EMAIL 1~888~260:2909 Password Reset Contact YAHOO Now Tec*h CALL 24*7
- 2 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 3 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 4 Sleep at Heathrow
- 5 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 6 Netherlands, Brussels and possibly Luxembourg
- 7 15 days honeymoon trip to Europe in February end and March
- 8 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 9 2 week May trip with kids
- 10 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 11 hotel reservations in Switzerland in June?
- 12 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 13 Rail vs. Plane
- 14 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 15 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 16 Paris November 2017
- 17 Self Drive UK tour
- 18 Where to See Flamenco
- 19 First time in Spain - family of 2 adults & one child(10 yr old)
- 20 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 21 Two week Europe itenirary help
- 22 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 23 Airport Transfer
- 24 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 25 5 nights in Spain, need help!