Search

Luggage Storage in Athens

Search this Thread

Old May 12th, 2011, 01:10 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Luggage Storage in Athens

Hello All,

I' arriving in Athens in the early afternoon on Friday May 27th and I am taking an overnight boat to Crete that leaves at 9:00 pm from Piraeus.

I would like to do some exploring of the acropolis during the day but don't want to have to lug around my baggage with me.

Any suggestions in how I can go about doing this. Ideally, I'd like to head to the acropolis from the airport and tour around there for most of the day then grab some dinner and head to Piraeus to catch my ferry.

Are there baggage storage facilities anywhere that you know of.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
Old May 12th, 2011, 01:33 PM

There aren't many possibilities to leave your luggage in Athens.... There are some lockers at the Monastiraki metro station, but they might be full...
I recommend Pacific Tracel, located at Syntagma square, they offer this service. Here are the details :

26, Nikis str. (Syntagma Square)
Daily 9am - 8pm
Sundays and holidays 9am - 2pm

Tel: +30 210 3241 007- +30 210 3223 213
Old May 12th, 2011, 05:28 PM

There is an internet cafe/baggage storage for 1-3 euro/day near the Acropolis Museum. 3 for shorterm and 1 euro for longterm(over 15 days). From the airport, take the metro to Akropoli Station.
Exact directions here.
http://www.athensstudios.gr/index.php?content=metro
Old May 12th, 2011, 06:46 PM

Nadia, great catch! I'm bookmarking that... I knew about their laundromat, not about storage.
Old May 12th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all. I really appreciate the feedback!
Old Aug 6th, 2013, 05:11 AM

Hi there,
We will be in Athens on 22 August and have the same dilemma- where to leave 4 large luggage’s while exploring Acropolis before our 10 pm ferry.
Were you able to leave your luggage at Pacific Travel agency near Syntagma Square?
I would really appreciate your help. You can also email me at :
[email protected].

Thank you,

Kseniya
Old Aug 6th, 2013, 10:25 AM

Kseniya, you have internet access and how to use google, right? Pacific Travel has a website -- and on that website http://www.pacifictravel.gr/aboutus.html It says the following:

"During your stay in Athens, our City Office, located right in the heart of the city (Syntagma Square), can assist you in all your needs. The office operates 7 days a week from 9am to 8pm - 24 hours telephone service. In both airport and city office we provide Baggage Storage and Courier Services."

This info even tells the hours... and 8 pm would be a good pick-up time, before you get the Metro or a taxi to your ferry. Further clicks on the site even give you the fees: http://www.pacifictravel.gr/baggage.html

Usually we can be helpful on the Forum when your own research does not provide a quick answer like this.
Old Feb 16th, 2015, 06:39 AM

There is a new store opened in Monastiraki square. The name is Athens lockers - left luggage. Its exactly in front of the Metro station in the corner of Athinas and Ermou str. on the 2nd floor.
This is their website http://www.athenslockers.com