Luggage Storage at San Sebastian airport

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know if there is luggage storage at the SS airport?

We're dropping off our rental car at the airport and would like to grab the bus to Hondarribia for a daytrip if we could store our luggage. We're spending 3 nights in San Sebastian then heading to Madrid by train after we drop off the rental car. Otherwise we've got to stop in SS and drop our luggage off first or backtrack from the airport to SS by bus then back to Hondarribia?
Old Aug 4th, 2009, 01:01 PM

Hi CathyM,
It's such a tiny airport, I don't remember its having a consigna. I checked on www.aena.es and it says nothing about their being a left luggage facility there. You could email the tourist office and ask them if you could stow your luggage there or if they know of a place...We just spent a week there, and I can't think offhand of a place to store luggage for a day other than perhaps the tourist office.
[email protected] or call 943 645 458

p.s.
Tried to send you an email several times but it bounced back. Maybe the fault of my computer?? Wanted to trade travel notes, as usual. Hope to connect soon. And thanks for your message on FB!
Old Aug 4th, 2009, 01:25 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, Maribel. I thought you'd know the answer to this one but wanted to share with everyone

My email shouldn't have bounced back. Hmmm....if you look under my contact information in FB my email address is there.

I'm so looking forward to my trip next month. The hotels, car and train are booked so now it's down to the fun part - restaurants, bodega visits, etc....
Old Aug 4th, 2009, 01:37 PM

<i>We're dropping off our rental car at the airport and would like to grab the bus to Hondarribia for a daytrip if we could store our luggage. We're spending 3 nights in San Sebastian then heading to Madrid by train after we drop off the rental car. Otherwise we've got to stop in SS and drop our luggage off first or backtrack from the airport to SS by bus then back to Hondarribia?</i>

That sequence is not clear. Why don't you drive to Hondarribia before dropping off the car?
Old Aug 4th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Original Poster

2 main reasons:

The main reason is we want to return the car by noon so we don't incur an additional day of rental car expense.

Also, we want to have do a pintxo crawl in Hondarribia and don't want to be driving after drinking.
Old Aug 4th, 2009, 02:10 PM

Thanks CathyM, I'll try again!
A couple of new ethnographic museums in the area and a new virtual cave visit, similar to the one in Santimamiñe.

New pintxos bar in Hondarribia across Calle San Pedro from our number 1 fav.-Gran Sol.
It's called Ardoka on #32.
Fantastic, creative haute cuisine pintxos.
Service left a good deal to be desired (forgot one of our orders), but give it a try.

ps-we finally made it to Segura. Needs a lot of work! Should have pressed on to Zerain and into the mountains of the Goierri but a chuletón lunch at Casa Julián after the Tolosa Sat. market did us in for afternoon sightseeing!

Two txakolí bodegas to visit in Getaria, which are next door to each other and actually well signposted with gorgeous settings facing the sea-they're above the village in the Eitzaga neighborhood. Once up there, follow sign that says Santa Barbara

Ameztoi
www.txakoliameztoi.com

Txomín Etxaníz
www.txominetxaniz.com

One in Zarauz:

Talai Berri (in the Talaimendi neighborhood next to the Gran Camping)
www.talaiberri.com
Old Aug 4th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Original Poster

We really want to visit a txakoli bodega this time. Are the two in Getaria walkable from the village or will we need to drive up?

Thanks for the new recommendation in Hondarribia. One of the reasons we're returning for a daytrip this year is Gran Sol was closed last year (closed on Mondays). I still remember it from 2005 and have to go back.

I already bookmarked one of your posts from yesterday when you mentioned a couple of new places in San Sebastian.
Old Aug 4th, 2009, 02:54 PM

CathyM,
You'll need to drive up. Go to the tourist office first and get a good map.

Our friend who organizes/runs Pintxos Sanse took us on a pintxos tour (got to go with a true professional this time!) on this last visit. We started in Zeruko and my, oh my! Amazingly presented and wonderfully creative. What I liked most about it was the mix of a groaning board of pintxos presented on top of the bar but also wonderful creations made fresh from the kitchen.

Bar Nestor is a place we missed and need to get back to for their "tortilla" experience. They only make their tortilla de patatas once in the morning, they serve it at 1 pm. and people call to reserve a pintxo! It's apparently that good. So is their tomato salad, pimientos de Gernika, and txuletón. Tiny place with only one table. It's at Pescadería 11 in the Parte Vieja.
It doesn't appear on www.todopintxos.com

but instead here-
http://www.ddonosti.com/es/content/b...-san-sebastian

Then there are our usual "do not miss" spots of Borda-Berri, La Cuchara de San Telmo, Gandarias, Ganbara, A Fuego Negro in the Parte Vieja

In the Gros quarter: Mil Catas, Bar Bergara, Aloña Berri, Patio de Ramuntxo and new Narru .

Too much pintxos ground to cover!

Plus the terrific Museo del Whiskey on Boulevard 4. You can buy some of their caramelos de gin tonic, Gin Tonic sweets!
www.museodelwhiskey.com
Old Aug 4th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, Maribel for the details. It's a good thing we decided to keep the car until the very end of the trip when we're in San Sebastian.

I can hardly wait for the pintxos. My favorites last year were probably Alona Berri and La Cuchara de San Telmo - if I could even narrow it down I can almost taste the foie already!