Reload this Page >

Luggage Storage at Orly in Paris

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 1999, 09:02 AM
Adria

Bonjour, <BR> <BR>My daughter is living in S. Africa for two years and we are meeting in Paris in May 2000. She wants to bring a trunk with her to Paris for me to bring back to Texas for her so she doesn't have to ship it home. <BR> <BR>Is there someplace at ORLY where we could store the trunk while we are in Paris, and approx. what will it cost? We will be in Paris (first time) for 12 days and we only want to carry around our regular luggage. <BR> <BR>Also, are there any other concerns we should think about? <BR> <BR>Thanks for your help. <BR> <BR>Adria <BR>

Old May 5th, 1999, 09:21 AM
Dick

Tried to locate luggage storage at CDG airport last week and were told that this service had been discontinued. Probably the same situation situation at Orly. <BR>For a good alternative transportation to Paris from airports try PariShuttle, a van service that offers door to door service. 85 F each for two and no hassles with cab drivers about fares. Email at [email protected]

Old May 5th, 1999, 09:22 AM
John

Adria, has your daughter compared what it would cost to ship the trunk directly from S. Africa vs what you will have to pay extra for storage in Paris plus the extra baggage fee from Paris to home. Also take into consideration of the hassle for your daughter tranporting the trunk to Paris and for you from the airport in the US to home.

Old May 5th, 1999, 09:44 AM
Adria

John, <BR> <BR>At 23, she is hard to convince that Mom won't be delighted to perform this service for her (whatever the cost or inconvenience). I am already paying for the majority of the trip for the two of us, since this is the only way I'll get to see her during her two years in S. Africa. <BR> <BR>The best answer, as far as I am concerned, is that this service is no longer provided. This would simplify everything. I really don't mind doing it if I can store the trunk at Orly. I saw the reply that is isn't available at CDG, now I need to find out about ORLY. <BR> <BR>Thanks for your reply. <BR> <BR>Adria <BR>

Old May 5th, 1999, 01:02 PM
John

Adria, age has nothing to do with it. I know certain people older than 23 that are also difficult to convince. You might want to make some inquires to FedEx, UPS, etc. from the US what they could do. Thy just might pick up the trunk in S. Africa or at least from Orly and deliver it to your home. There is another company in Europe, but I can't think of their name. I believe it starts with a D ... <BR> <BR>Here are 2 references I found in a France-USA contact magazine from when I was in Paris: <BR> <BR>Excess Baggage Company, tel.(1) 34 80 15 15, in Paris, and <BR>Logistic Baggage, air/sea shipping, tel. (1) 48 62 80 42 located at CDG airport. They pick up from anywhere in France.

Old May 5th, 1999, 01:10 PM
Adria

Thanks John. <BR>