"Lucky Horseshoe" Tour of Ireland

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Lucky Horseshoe" Tour of Ireland

If you care to read my blog about the Lucky Horseshoe Tour, go to
http://www.travelpod.com/members/jjarnold
The Granny and the Gossoons blog is two years old but feel free to check it out if you like.

Many of the pictures were taken by my daughter, and the best of mine made it into the blog, but if you want to see the ones that didn't make the cut, send me an e-mail at jdjjarnold at sbcglobal dot com and I'll send you an invite.

We had a wonderful time and Fodor's folk were most helpful. Already planning 2013......
Old Jul 24th, 2011, 12:18 AM

I read your blog about it and it looks really cool. I love how you made a great description of the place. Made me picture out how lovely Ireland was. Plus, the pictures supported your words very much. Great pictures there, by the way.
Old Jul 24th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, harrisonJ. I appreciate your feedback and nice comments.
Old Jul 24th, 2011, 11:29 AM

I am HIGHLY impressed by your Trip Report Blog!

And ... It has LESS to do with your prominent mention of my name as it does with the fact that you have COMPLETED it before I have even managed to START mine!!!

Loved ALL you pix. You chose an interesting route that often mimiced ours.

Meet up again, in '13? ? ?

Bob
Old Jul 24th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Original Poster

Why, thank you, Bob! (have you ever finished '09?)Remember that I am retired (the three part time jobs don't count) so have much more time than a workin' dog like you.

I'm ready for '13! Especially if you have won the lottery and have purchased a cottage!

My best to your dear spouse.
Old Jul 25th, 2011, 06:24 AM

jaja; I just loved ready your blog. We visited Ireland for the first time in September 2009 and just fell in love. We returned in late Sept-early Oct. 2010 to revisit some areas and look for family roots. My husband's grandmother was born and raise just outside of Dunmanway in County Cork. We were able to find the family church and even a family head stone with his great grandparents, 2 great aunts, and 1 great uncles information on there; so happy to see this and get the geneology. Husband has since gotten his Irish citizenship which he is very proud to have. I can't wait to go back for another visit; if WE win the lottery we would love to spend 6 months in Ireland and 6 months here ( I can always dream!) Thanks so much for your report and pictures. If we get back to Ireland I will definitely check out some of the places you went that we haven't gotten to, i.e. Cahir, Sheeps Head.
Old Jul 25th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Original Poster

floridapugmom, glad you enjoyed my story. This was my 6th trip and I hope my love for travel in Ireland shows in my blogs.

My Irish family, at least the ones I can trace back that far, came from Co. Kildare and Dublin. There is also James Smith the Butcher but I don't know more about him than that he was from Ireland. My guess is Northern Ireland.

Contact me if you win the lottery and I will be your travel planner!