My husband and I are traveling to Europe, more specifically Italy, for the first time this September. We will be there for 2 weeks and will be visiting Venice, Florence and Rome. We want to break up the trip a bit by visiting either Cinque Terre or Lucerne. We would like to get others opinions on which place is a must see – Cinque Terre or Lucerne. We’ve heard and read good things about each. We know Lucerne would require more travel time, which we are willing to do, if it's worth it.
Our planned itinerary is:
Venice – 3 nights
Lucerne or Cinque Terre – 3 nights
Florence – 3 nights
Rome – 4 nights
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 2 My France Vacation
- 3 Paris November 2017
- 4 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 5 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 6 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 7 GTG Paris December 2017
- 8 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 9 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 10 London vacation rental agency
- 11 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 12 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 13 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 14 Trans Siberian Train
- 15 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 16 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 17 Iceland driving in March
- 18 Advance tickets for Sagrada and Park Guell
- 19 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 20 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 21 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 22 ICELAND in February
- 23 The World's Greatest Churches
- 24 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 25 11-12 nights in Portugal