I realized I hadn't posted my trip report "blog" here from our recent trip to Rome, San Gimigniano and Venice. We went in May 2014 and had a blast. I just love Italy! We dream of living there one day...
Boring stuff first:
Who: me, hubby and brother-in-law.
When: 17-28 May. Flying into Rome and out of Venice.
Where: Rome, San Gimigniano,Venice. It's our fourth time to Italy; last time was 2007.
Why: To celebrate brother-in-law's 0/5 birthday.
18, 19, 20 May--Rome at Arco del Lauro B&B
Sights on the agenda: Capitoline Hill Museums, Gesu Church, Pantheon, Galleria Doria Pamphili, San Clemente, San Paolo fuori muori, San Callisto catacombs, Appian Way, Vatican Museum, St. Peter's Basilica, Castel Sant'Angelo.
21, 22 May: San Gimigniano at Villa Baciolo B&B
Things on the agenda: explore hill towns: Civita Bagnoregio, Montepulciano, Volterra, Siena.
23, 24, 25, 26, 27 May: Venice in an apartment in Dorsoduro
Sights on the agenda: Ca'Razzonico, Santa Maria della Salute, San Giorgio Maggiore, Doge's Palace, Correr Museum, St. Mark's Basilica, Suola San Rocco, Frari Church, Ca' Pesaro, Islands in the Lagoom (Burano, Torcello), Row Venice, Cicchetti Tour, Opera at La Fenice.
We did a lot of what we planned. Everything went very smoothly. I mean, we were barely lost at all in Venice (thanks to the Streetwise Venice map and brother-in-law's excellent map reading skillz!).
I love researching and planning our trips. I enjoy keeping the experience alive by writing about it upon our return.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 2 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 3 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 4 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 5 Paris November 2017
- 6 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 7 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 8 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 9 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 10 Ravenna and Mexico City...who knew?
- 11 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 12 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 13 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 14 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 15 Transportation in Brittany
- 16 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 17 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 18 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 19 Trains - website?
- 20 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 21 First time in Normandy & Brittany
- 22 Trenitalia - lost and found
- 23 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel
- 24 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome
- 25 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
Loving Italy: our trip to Rome, San Gimigniano and Venice