Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Lovely Paris aparment w/1+ bedrooms & 1+ bathrooms? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/lovely-paris-aparment-w-1-bedrooms-and-1-bathrooms-744034/)

Clarin Oct 21st, 2007 09:50 AM

Lovely Paris aparment w/1+ bedrooms & 1+ bathrooms?

I've read zillions of posts & checked out nearly as many apartment rental sites, yet none can compare to the lovely offerings by ParisPerfect. Alas, they're booked for my dates (April) as I've started a tad too late. Looking for a place in the 7th (but would do Le Marais) w/1 bedroom plus sofa/bed in LR. Prefer 1 1/2 baths. Would do 2,700€/week, give or take. (I came up w/that amount because that's the cost of what I want w/ParisPerfect.) Is there a site that I could've overlooked? All suggestions much appreciated.

lrock Oct 21st, 2007 10:20 AM

Try Paris Pied a Terre. They have a few nice apartments in the 7th on Champ de Mars. They also have an apartment in the 16th across from the Eiffel Tower we stayed in.

sandi_travelnut Oct 21st, 2007 10:35 AM

"Is there a site that I could've overlooked?"

Do we know where you have already looked? VRBO? Slowtrav.com?

Also look at http://www.frenchyrentals.com/ which is owned by Fodorite Lutece and her hsuband.

Clarin Oct 21st, 2007 11:32 AM

Thank you both. Yes, I've seen the sites you've mentioned. No, you don't know where I've already looked, but I've now checked out 28 apartment rental sites that I've found on this board & others. When I said, "Is there a site that I could've overlooked?" I guess what I meant was, "Is there a site that offers semi-luxurious digs that, for whatever reason, is rarely mentioned?" I am confident that I've seen all of the sites that are mentioned regularly.

Iwan2go Oct 21st, 2007 04:53 PM

HI Clarin,

I know what you mean about the Parisperfect site - those apartments look spectacular. Too bad they're gone!

I saved this site because it just blew my socks off. Runs 3000E/week. www.pariseiffelapartment.com

Another one in the Marais you might have missed is ourhomeinparis.com, which I think is very nice. Looks like the 2 bedroom/2bath is available at 420E/night.

Good luck!

cw Oct 21st, 2007 05:21 PM

I'll suggest checking www.parisianflat.com, in case you haven't looked there.

CW

Clarin Oct 21st, 2007 06:44 PM

Hello Iwan2go,
Good call - actually I just recently stumbled upon pariseiffelapartment, and while it is certainly a jaw-dropping property, I need to be up off of the ground, if you know what I mean. However, I had not yet run across ourhomeinparis, so I will look into that directly. Thanks so much for your time.

CW: Hello, and thank you as well. I've been feeling so bereaved and so bereft about the whole PP loss that I'd completely forgotten about my notes from parisianflat. Indeed, I have 3 of their places on my short-list, and they are truly fab-looking. I am now re-reviewing the details. Thanks so much for the kick in the pantaloons.

cw Oct 21st, 2007 08:25 PM

Clarin,

We've rented an apartment from Parisian Flat for December. Our communication with them has been fine. We previously rented from Paris Vacation Apartments, and they were wonderful. But I don't think they have anything for you in the 7th, and their apartments seem to book up way ahead.

Let us know what you decide. Good luck!

CW

djkbooks Oct 21st, 2007 09:15 PM

Sorry you're too late to book ParisPerfect. We just returned from a third stay (though learned early on to book more than a year in advance).

Anyway, have you seen VRBO 84660? We had a look recently when some friends were staying there. Very, very nice, and well located in the 7th.

Clarin Oct 22nd, 2007 05:27 AM

djkbooks: Holy smokes - that's quite a place! No I hadn't seen it before, & it's incredible. As luck would have it, it is already booked for my week in April. However, I've added the entry to my Paris file for future reference, & I really appreciate your calling it to my attention. That's a keeper, to be sure.