Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   love2cthings - can I have one of your pictures? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/love2cthings-can-i-have-one-of-your-pictures-749151/)

rbnwdln Nov 17th, 2007 11:18 AM

love2cthings - can I have one of your pictures?

Mark, I saw your Positano pictures on the Kodak gallery that you posted on another thread. We have been to Positano the last 3 summers and your pictures are better!!!!! I want to use one of your pictures in my Christmas card collage that my husband it putting together on Shutterfly. Is there a way for me to use one of your pictures? I'm pretty computer illiterate, so I'm not sure how that would work. The site offers a way to purchase a hard copy of the picture, but that is not what I want for this. Can you help? Grazie!!!!

rbnwdln Nov 19th, 2007 03:58 AM

C'mon, buddy. Help a fellow Fodorite out. You mean you don't check this site three times a day like I do?????

Travelnut Nov 19th, 2007 05:12 AM

It's polite of you to ask, but I'm thinkin' if photos are posted online and not flagged as 'private', you can use them. You aren't planning to capitalize on the photo, just personal use. Try to right-click and 'save as' in your photos folder. If this upsets anyone, forgive me - I wouldn't mind if this was done with my photos, and anyway, who would ever know? (unless Mark's on your Christmas card list :) )

rbnwdln Nov 19th, 2007 01:36 PM

Thanks, Travelnut! I'll try it or wait till my computer expert son gets home tomorrow night.

fnarf999 Nov 19th, 2007 02:46 PM

Um, no. Unless he has specifically released them, perhaps under a Creative Commons license, they are his property. Just because they're on the web doesn't mean you can take them and put them on your own Shutterfly or other account.

luv2cthings Nov 19th, 2007 02:52 PM

Sorry, I didn't see your post the other day. Feel free to try Travelnut's suggestion, if you haven't already. :)

rbnwdln Nov 21st, 2007 05:05 PM

Thanks!!!!!

Travelnut Nov 21st, 2007 05:26 PM

fnarf999, the reason I believe the photos are permitted for sharing is because the link was posted here - and if you go there, you can buy prints from those photos and I doubt the proceeds go back to the OP.

but it is good to know love2cthings was agreeable.

Kristina Nov 21st, 2007 05:36 PM

Travelnut-what about photos posted on a personal website? I get people emailing me asking for permission to use my photos. OTOH, I'm certain that many are used without my permission.

If you google the words "paris photos" the first photo that comes up is one I took- a photo of the Eiffel Tower at sunset, attributed to my website, www.wired2theworld.com.
I've seen this very photo used on many other websites, fortunately with a credit to my site, but I was never asked permission for it's use.

Travelnut Nov 21st, 2007 06:35 PM

I wouldn't print someone's photo off their own website... but Kodakgallery? sure.

Oscar_James Nov 24th, 2007 08:09 PM

Go to my web site i have full size pictures of where Emily and i have been ... i am using this site for storage of my pictures.. you are welcome copy any pictures you like.. emilyandjim.info...

Travelnut Nov 25th, 2007 05:34 AM

Thanks for that - now I have to go to Troyes!
What is the name of the 'beautiful hotel'..?

dolciani Nov 25th, 2007 06:26 AM

Kristina - I loved our website w/ your trips and picures - we're planning a trip to Paris and I jotted down some of your notes - thanks so much for sharing!