Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Love Grand Hotel des Balcons, but need air conditioning this time -- any moderately-priced hotels in that area with A/C?

Search

Love Grand Hotel des Balcons, but need air conditioning this time -- any moderately-priced hotels in that area with A/C?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6th, 2001, 11:54 AM
michele

I enjoyed Grand Hotel des Balcons when it wasn't too hot & A/C was not a necessity, but in hotter months when you want A/C, is there anything comparable in that area that offers air conditioning? I remember seeing some other hotels on that same street (rue Casimir Delavigne) & on nearby rue Monsieur-Le-Prince but can't remember the names & don't know if they had A/C or not. Looking for a 2 or 3-star hotel in that same general area of the 6th near Odeon, Luxembourg Gardens, Mabillon, with air conditioning, & would like to stay under around $80 U.S. per night for a single or under $100 U.S. for a double if possible (or not much more than that). Anyone?

Old Jun 6th, 2001, 01:34 PM
elaine

don't know how many stars or if the currentprices will fit your budget, but <BR>I believe these have a/c and all have been recommended by guests here or in other places. Under $100 is hard to get with a/c as you already know. <BR>Hotel Claude Bernard (street side rooms are noisy) <BR>Hotel Muguet <BR>

Old Jun 13th, 2001, 12:41 PM
TO

Hotel abbatial has A/C, big beds, etc... <BR> <BR>www.abbatial.com <BR> <BR>It's probably slightly over $100 per night for a room on the lower floors, and around $120 or so for a room on the upper floors (with view of Notre Dame).

Old Jun 13th, 2001, 01:03 PM
Christina

there are only a few hotels that will be under $100 with AC. Only a couple 2-star hotels have AC, including the Muguet. Anyway, the Hotel Clement in the 6th has AC I believe and is pretty cheap; people have posted on here that they don't always honor reservations, but it's about the only hotel in that area I can think of with AC that cheap. I think you should maybe consider paying more or going to a different location, one or the other.

Old Jun 13th, 2001, 01:12 PM
SharonG

Hotel Clos de Medicis on Rue-le-Prince was lovely and had A/C.

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 09:01 AM
michele

SharonG: I have heard great things about Clos de Medici, but unfortunately it is a little over my price range. <BR> <BR>Christina: Hotel Clement may be exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks for the suggestion!

Old Jun 15th, 2001, 05:17 AM
don

There is the Hotel Residence Monge, which is in the 5th, right by the Arenes de Lutèce, which is very reasonable and air-conditioned, if you are flexible with yor location.

Old Jun 15th, 2001, 08:59 AM
Sherry

We stayed at Le Regent on Rue Dauphine and I believe it has air conditioning. It also has a mini frig in the room and a safe. I believe the rooms are FF 750 per night for a double which would bring it about $100. We thought it was very nice and well located. The rooms are small, though.

Old Jun 20th, 2001, 01:36 PM
DeeInLB

Hotel Le Regent is 750FF for a double and has a 20% discount advertised for August on the Pariserve Web site. I'm trying to get the hotel to confirm that discount now!

Old Jun 20th, 2001, 04:33 PM
Pam

Last July we stayed at the Jardin du Luxembourg in the 5th arrondissement on a quiet, dead end street right across the street from the Luxembourg Gardens. This hotel is air condtioned and quiet; the rooms are small which is typical in Paris Breakfast was yummy and served in their lovely breakfast room. The staff were helpful. Price was about 810 frs. Have a great trip!

Old Jul 14th, 2001, 08:47 PM
Randy

Go to this web site: http://www.parishotels.com/ <BR> <BR>There are many hotels in that price range and less. Hotel Residence Monge is air conditioned and is about $60 per night for a single. I have stayed there and would recommend it. Go to the web site above, it is in the St. Germain area. I would also recommend that you call the hotels directly and conferm the reservation via fax.

Old Jul 24th, 2001, 11:21 AM
Ursula

Topping for Charlie and Mom!

Old Jul 25th, 2001, 10:35 AM
lisa

Someone on another thread mentioned Hotel Eugenie in the 6th -- near the same metro stops (Odeon & Mabillon) but on the other side of Blvd. St. Germain I believe, a little closer to the Seine. Appears to be a 2-star w/ air conditioning & similar rates to Grand Hotel des Balcons (singles between 500-600 FF I think). I haven't stayed there -- maybe someone else out there has -- the website makes it look decent though.

Old May 9th, 2002, 10:03 AM
lisa

Topping for the Fodorite going in July...

Old May 9th, 2002, 12:32 PM
Dee

Lisa,<BR><BR>Thanks for topping...<BR><BR>Dee..

Old May 9th, 2002, 07:57 PM
Suzie

If you can pay a little more, Le Clos Medicis is a wonderful little hotel, I stayed there last October for 12 days. It's location on rue Monsieur le Prince is perfect, and the staff are superb.

Old May 11th, 2002, 12:14 PM
Dee

I just booked my reservation at Hotel Abbatial...looks good, 120 Euros for a double.<BR><BR>Good comments posted on this board about the place...AND, it has A/C (which is why I'm not booking the Balcons!!)<BR><BR>d.

Old May 11th, 2002, 06:20 PM
Jennifer

Hi Dee,<BR><BR>One thing I'd double-check is to make sure that the time of year you'll be there, they'll turn the AC on! Many hotels don't turn the AC on until August, no matter how hot it gets.<BR><BR>Jennifer