Lots of questions about Italy

Old Dec 25th, 2000, 05:56 PM
Jeryl P

Lots of questions about Italy

Has anyone rented a car on a Sunday in Rome? I am concerned that everything will be "chiuso" (closed). <BR>Also, looking for hotels in Venice and Rome that has a suite than can hold a family of four or one that will guarantee two rooms togther - looking to spend no more than $200 per night per room. <BR>Also, has anyone ever stayed in an "agriturismo" type of "farm?'

Old Dec 25th, 2000, 06:00 PM
Larry

Hi, rented a car in Rome on Sunday in October. Verified our reservation on Saturday - they didn't have it but made a new one and picked up our car at 7:30 AM Sunday morning - Booked through AutoEurope in Camden, Maine. DON'T try to drive in the cities especially Florence!! email me directly for more info....

Old Dec 25th, 2000, 10:41 PM
Simon

Try www.hertz.com and you will have nothing to worry about. If they take your reservation, your mind is at rest. Prices are reasonable too.

Old Dec 26th, 2000, 05:14 AM
nancy

Jeryl, <BR>We needed to find a hotel, with a "family" room or suite for the time period before getting into the apt. we are renting. <BR>Albergo Regno, has a family room. <BR>1 double, 2 twins, Lit500.000 <BR> <BR>Cesari, has a 4 person room <BR> <BR>Hotel torre Argentina, a suite, 2 bedrooms, 1 with queen bed, the other with 2 twins.Balcony/terrace. <BR>Lit 600.000 a night(approx. $300 US) <BR>We are staying here. <BR> <BR>Albergo del Senato, suite of 1 bedrm with large bed, and LR with 2 twin pullouts, terrace, <BR>Lit 800.000/night. <BR> <BR>All these can be seen on the www.venere.it site. <BR> <BR>Also, the Due Torre <BR>"Family" room, two rooms, one a double, and the other a smaller room with sofa/ two single beds. Lit 480.000/night <BR>Their site is www.duetorriroma.com <BR> <BR>Goodluck. <BR>nancy <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Dec 26th, 2000, 05:58 AM
MBB

Jeryl <BR>We are staying at Hotel Venezia in Rome. They have a 2 bedroom suite for about 371,000lit a substantial discount from the over 500,000lit posted on the website for bringing a copy of "Cheap Sleeps in Italy" where they are highy recommened. Have seen other recommendations (this site included). Check it out at hotelvenezia.com

Old Dec 26th, 2000, 06:06 AM
cmt

Yes, I've stayed at an agriturismo place, but what did you want to know? They're probably all very different from one another.

Old Dec 26th, 2000, 06:23 AM
simon

Splendid in Venice has a suite with 2 rooms, 2 tv and i believe with 2 bathrooms

Old Dec 26th, 2000, 12:35 PM
Marilyn Ham

Last year we rented a car through AutoEurope in Perugia Italy for a Sunday and we were concerned about closures. The airport however is, of course, a good place to rent even on a Sunday. As it turned out AutoEurope's desk was closed, even though we had faxed our arrival time, but we called their 800 number (be sure to keep this with you) and they arranged through Avis to get us a car--no extra car and it only meant a few more minutes. AutoEurope was very accommodating. Marilyn

Old Dec 26th, 2000, 05:34 PM
Pat Schulte

We have stayed at an agriturismo several times. the name of the farm is La crociona and it is located about 45 minutes south of Siena. They do have a two bedroom apartmnet that would be perfect fo a fmily of 4...if you wnat any more info please feel free to e-mail me.

Old Dec 26th, 2000, 07:08 PM
xxx

Please be careful around Italians. They are all thieves and will rob you blind any chance you get!