Reload this Page >

lost bookmark for paris virtual street tour website

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15th, 2000, 06:24 AM
chuck

anyone have the address for the websit that was posted a good while ago on this site that was done by the paris phone company and had all off the streets with pictures and the addresses. <BR> <BR>thanks

Old Mar 15th, 2000, 07:38 AM
Caitlin

The site is www.pagesjaunes.fr

Old Mar 15th, 2000, 10:14 AM
chuck

thanks. i appreciate your reply.

Old Mar 15th, 2000, 10:31 AM
Al

Yes, with the "yellow pages" you can see what each building looks like, its neighbors, up and down the street, and see a list of neighboring businesses. I used it just yesterday to see what our hotel will look like. Most of the photos I have seen were taken in winter, and so the leaves of the trees don't block your view. Paris looks kinda depressing, but such is life.

Old Mar 15th, 2000, 05:24 PM
Bob Brown

My thanks also. It is quite useful to know what is around the hotel.

Old Mar 15th, 2000, 06:18 PM
Donna

This website is SO amazing. I make photocopies of the Paris neighborhood maps from the Michelin 15 (which has the best and largest detail - you can actually read the street names and numbers). Then, I plot addresses on them for restaurants, shops, etc. I want to visit using pagesjaunes. This way, you can fold up a one page map and tuck it into your pocket (or several neighborhoods) when heading out for the day. Avoids criss crossing the city or finding that a shop is a block away from the museum you visited yesterday...