I am planning a trip to Ireland this fall and am looking into hiring a car/driver instead of doing trains and busses. I am a seasoned traveler and already have my base cities picked out (Dublin, Galway, Cork and Waterford or Kilkenny) and will do day trips and/or bus tours from those cities. Upon investigation, it is very time consuming getting from Galway to Cork- the train basically goes back to Dublin first and the bus routing is not much better- each of these was 4-5 hours. I do NOT want to rent a car, but would like to hire a car service to get from Galway to Cork, Cork to Waterford/Kilkenny and from there back to Dublin. I have already contacted Gene at glengarriff cabs (found on TripAdvisor) and he is unavailable. I am not looking for a tour guide, just a car and driver.
If anyone has people/transportation companies used in the past I would appreciate suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5 days in Andalusia
- 2 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 3 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 4 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 5 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 6 First time in Spain - family of 2 adults & one child(10 yr old)
- 7 Good base for visiting Le Marche region
- 8 South of France
- 9 Yet another London Hotel Question
- 10 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 11 Need Car & Driver for Southern Italy
- 12 Malaga Christmas lights
- 13 Bilbao, Basque Country, declared Best European City 2018
- 14 Help with Spain itinerary
- 15 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 16 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 17 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 18 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 19 paris to london- day trip
- 20 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 21 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 22 Christmas in South of Spain 2018
- 23 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 24 Family vacation
- 25 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence