Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Looking Forward to Trip Reports!!! (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/looking-forward-to-trip-reports-370185/)

caroltis May 31st, 2008 05:08 PM

Looking Forward to Trip Reports!!!

To all of you Fodorites who have trips planned for this summer... I do hope you are going to share with us when you return! Trip Reports more than anything else on this forum help me when I'm planning European trips. The personal accounts help us make better use of our precious time and they clue us in to the not to be missed food and sights. So be diligent about your journaling -- we expect details, details, details!! By the way, I'm going to be most interested in reports from Provence, Costa Brava and Barcelona as that is our next scheduled trip in the Fall. And I'm ALWAYS in the back of mind planning my next trip to beloved Italy!

crazyfortravel Jun 1st, 2008 01:33 AM

Hi caroltis,

I'm leaving on Monday for Provence and promise a trip report with photos when I return. I can't promise anything witty or a literary masterpiece but I will share the details.

I've been traveling for more than twenty years and I can tell you that my trips have been much better organized and more enjoyable since I found this website a few years back. It's a wealth of info and I thank all those that take the time to share their experiences.

Special thanks to Stu Dudley who was so generous to email his driving directions.

caroltis Jun 1st, 2008 05:30 AM

I will be anxiously anticipating your report and forget about witty or masterpiece quality...I think that's what keeps some travelers from posting their trip reports because they are afraid they won't "measure up" to some of the more polished accounts. Who cares - I just love living through the experiences of others and as you said - it helps all of us better organize our travels. Have a wonderful trip to Provence!! Oh, and if it's not already on your itinerary...I found market day in Apt to be my favorite market and Roussillon was a gorgeous little village. Be safe!

Attnymom Jun 1st, 2008 05:55 AM

Hi Caroltis,

We leave for Barcelona today! We are also doing a quick road trip through Provence as well, so I'll try to do a detailed trip report to help you out. I know this website was invaluable in planning my trip!

Attnymom

jamikins Jun 1st, 2008 05:59 AM

I love trip reports too! Just posting ours from Brittany France in May!!

crazyfortravel Jun 1st, 2008 06:51 AM

Thanks caroltis...Roussillon is on the list but I'm afraid we won't be in the Luberon for market day in Apt. We'll arrive late afternoon on a Saturday and leave early Thursday Morning. We'll be in St Remy for Wednesday Market and do the Sunday market in Isle sur la Sorge.

caroltis Jun 1st, 2008 11:04 AM

Crazy: We're facing the same issue = arriving too late on Saturday for the Apt market this time. The Sur la Sorgue market is a real treat - it's very large and diverse, such a lovely town.

Attnymom: Awesome! Cannot wait to hear about Barcelona - the more I read about the more I think I am going to love it.

Jamikins: I'm interested in reading your report. Brittany is where my brother and his family visit every other year as they have friends in a village there. They are so much in love with that area that they can't bring themselves to leave and explore other regions. I think I've convinced them however to make it to Provence next year.

jamikins Jun 1st, 2008 11:07 AM

Caroltis: Brittany is fantastic...but so is Provence! You guys will have a fabulous time!

Sher Jun 2nd, 2008 04:34 AM

Well, I am in Portugal now and if you are interested, I hope to write a report when I return.